Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
wow i was just reading the features on this system, pretty much the same as DEI, but man that key Fob on the 502, and the Z pass feature, got me really interested.

Question will a regular alarm guy be able to hook up this system with all the features a late model car carries these days. I'm looking into this for my 2002 6 speed Maxima whick is key programed to the ecm. i know about removing the chips, but i would'nt want to purchase a system that i will be stuck with, because the installer refuses to attempt the install.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow i was just reading the features on this system, pretty much the same as DEI, but man that key Fob on the 502, and the Z pass feature, got me really interested.

Question will a regular alarm guy be able to hook up this system with all the features a late model car carries these days. I'm looking into this for my 2002 6 speed Maxima whick is key programed to the ecm. i know about removing the chips, but i would'nt want to purchase a system that i will be stuck with, because the installer refuses to attempt the install.
It is kind of hard to say whether or not a person will install it. If you brought it to a shop that installs them regularly i dont see why they wouldn't be able to install the system.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
how new is this company, i've never heard of them before, the product is really impressive.

·
I want K-Sports..
1,421 Posts
This company is pretty new to the scene around here. Made a big debut early this year in SEMA and shows in California. But apprarantly have been in business in other parts of the world for about 5 years now.

If I didn't already have a viper, I would consider this route as they can be found for 299 FS on ebay. It'd be a good conversation piece.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
ouch $399 shipped on EBAY, i think i'll give the sale to Boondock this time. "in due time"

·
I want K-Sports..
1,421 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
i stand corrected sir, i missed that. this looks like a neat little toy, i'll have to try it out, after i take care of some other committed prospects i have lined up.

·
B.K.A Runa
1,289 Posts
Might have to get up on this. If my installer put in a Viper R/S alarm, can he hook this 1 up no prob? I may have 2 get 2 of them. The wife will not let me get another R/S without buying her 1.

·
C.K. Enforcer
637 Posts
boondock have you used this product? just for the eye candy alone, its hot, and im pretty sure if you have an alarm already hooked up, you can just disconnect and replace wires. im curious as to what your personal opinion is.

i just read thru the install manual. what exactly comes with this? i know the brain, siren, fobs, dual shock sensor, window tag, what i want to know is about the extra modules that this alarm does? how does the tachometer and the alarm work together?

i saw something about door closers, do you know what this does?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
boondock have you used this product? just for the eye candy alone, its hot, and im pretty sure if you have an alarm already hooked up, you can just disconnect and replace wires. im curious as to what your personal opinion is.

i just read thru the install manual. what exactly comes with this? i know the brain, siren, fobs, dual shock sensor, window tag, what i want to know is about the extra modules that this alarm does? how does the tachometer and the alarm work together?

i saw something about door closers, do you know what this does?
Honestly i am not exactly sure what everything does, But i can try to assist you with the whole process. I will try to find out more information

·
Registered
755 Posts

If ur talking about being able to remote start a vehicle that has a chip in the key there are modules available where ur mount a key in the car. Of course, u have to have an extra key.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.