Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At one point we decided to change the fuel filters in the cars. Picked up the part at pepboys and the holes don't match up right? Gas leaked everywhere... So for now I've said to hell with it and put the old one back on. But looking into the eventually replacement... Is Acura the only way to go?

·
Registered
133 Posts
i wouldnt buy the original fuel filter at the dealer unless you want to pay more for fun

check out my auto parts post

·
Registered
583 Posts
diyosa said:
... Is Acura the only way to go?
resoundingly "Nope".

I didn't like the fact of paying throught the nose for replacement filters. Got this Fram rated to 90 gpm from Summit, for $35. Replacement filters are $5. To install, cut your hard lines, use new Fuel Injection rubber line, use Fuel Injection hose clamps. Go figure the mount with the Fram bolted right up to the original location with no drilling. Took about an hour. I've had it on for 6 months with no problems, and if it'll survive my driving "style" and my lowered car, it'll work for you too.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.