Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving along i downshift, then put it in neutral while doing about 30kmh coming to a stop, when my car stalls....

I'm thinking fuel filter. Also I'm Idling at 500 instead of 700 rpm.

What do you guys thing? what does a fuel filter cost and is it easy to install? is it located in the tank ?

·
2,873 Posts
No, its located right above your master brake cylinder. Open your hood and look on the upper right hand side. Its a cylindrical tube with some lines going in and out of it.

·
2,873 Posts
The lil metal thing , as for installation it should be easy from what i heard, I've never done it b4 but you might want to ask some of the guys here.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's easy to replace. Unhook you battery ground cable and take off the gas cap to help reduce pressure. Then your going to need a couple different size metric wrenches. Use some shop rags around the filter because some gas is going to come out! Careful with the threads you dont want to mess you lines up. Also use the new washers that come with the new filter!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Look under Useful Info and DIY which is the last section of this
Forum. I posted procedure and tools for performing a G2 Fuel Filter Replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.