Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my headgasket job. I began to smell gasoline in the cabin when I turn the climate control on. I found fuel leaking from the number three injector. so I will replace both banks of injectors with new o-rings.

I was wondering whether I should use vaseline or motor oil when replacing them?

or since the dealer did the headgasket job should they have them replaced at no cost to me? Get this the service guy told me that the mechanic did not disturb the injectors when he pulled the heads. What a load of crap!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
ganoze said:
After my headgasket job. I began to smell gasoline in the cabin when I turn the climate control on. I found fuel leaking from the number three injector. so I will replace both banks of injectors with new o-rings.

I was wondering whether I should use vaseline or motor oil when replacing them?

or since the dealer did the headgasket job should they have them replaced at no cost to me? Get this the service guy told me that the mechanic did not disturb the injectors when he pulled the heads. What a load of crap!
Actually, you can remove the intake manifold while replacing the HG's without removing the fuel rails or injectors. I would lube the new o-rings with a thin film of grease, makes it much easier to reinstall the injectors in the fuel rail.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
You can use clean engine oil on the O-rings and seals. You need to buy a new seal with the O-ring and a new cushion would also be in order.

You can remove the intake leaving the injectors and rails intact.

If you have one injector leaking, now might be the time to rebuild all 6. You can probably reuse the insulators. Perform a Search. This topic has been discussed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.