Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I determine if I need to replace one or more of my fuel injectors? I have 190k miles on my coupe and it is on the original injectors. I have a feeling they are a little worse for the wear, but I am not really sure how to determine that.

Anyone have any suggestions? If I DO have to replace them, is it best to replace them with an OEM injector, or is there a superior aftermarket injector?

Thanks.

FurBall

·
Registered
308 Posts
Furball,
For external leaks: If you see fuel ( wet spots ) on or near the injectors, then you should first replace your O-rings . If the problem persists then most probably the injector is leaking at the electrical connection and would require replacement.

For internal leaks : If the car is hard to start within 10-20 minutes of sitting after driving but starts easily after an hour and there is black smoke coming out of the tail pipe when you start the car then you could be having in internal injector leak, which is not visible.

As for choice of new injectors. Venom makes new balanced injectors for $60/each and rebuilt injectors from them as well as others are in the $40-45 range. New OEM could cost $90+ with wholesale discount.

Regards

·
Registered
155 Posts
OEM injectors for $90!?! Did you get this quote from Acura? I would expect at least $200 each for injectors from the dealer.

·
Registered
308 Posts
slugman,
I believe they list at $130. Wholesale is $90-95... which is about the same price as online retailers.

Regards

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
$40 each

I think I got $40 each not from an acura Dealer

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had to replace 2 injectors, and it cost about
$240.00 installed by a certified honda/acura guy
that now has his own shop. Acura quoted about
$430.00 of course

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeh the Acura dealers are on crack. I don't know who would pay that much. I suppose you'd have to be on crack too.
It's not that hard to change them, I've done it on the side of the freeway with only an adjustable wrench hehe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts