Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
One Meeelion HP
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post some pics and vids of the project Im working on this week at work - complete frame replacement on an 2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS with very low mileage. It was involved in a front end accident that bent up the frame pretty good. We purchased a brand new frame for it (it was pretty cheap, all things considered) straight from GM and I'm doing all of the work. It's pretty easy actually, had the body off of the frame in about 3 hours. The old frame was stripped down and new frame partially assembled by the end of the day. Excuse the messy shop, we've been going full throttle for the past few weeks.

·
Type II King
1,251 Posts
thats pretty sweet.. they should throw on some headers while its taken apart haha

·
Registered
319 Posts
Is that a belair on the side? Noicely done. My mom has a trailblazer so its nifty to see what its like under that body.

·
One Meeelion HP
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I find it cool how American cars build their chasis over a frame while japanese cars put all of their stuff into a chasis.
Huh? The only American CAR I can think of thats still built on a frame is the Ford Crown Vic/Grand Marquis/Town Car. Trucks are a different story - all Japanese trucks (toyota) that I've seen are body on frame save for the ridgeline (is that really a truck though? :rolleyes:). The only "Truck" I can think of thats not body on frame would be Jeeps.

-Matt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.