Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the address at the bottom of my signiture with the pics I took yesterday,11-4. I am still trying to fing a body person to do the work, but mechanicly, it's all there!!

· Registered
134 Posts
that thing is ugly as hell.......but I love it!! Everything you have done to it fits the year totally!!! Good work and it is cool to see all the upgrades you have gotten done thus far. The brakes, lines, and the coilovers are sweet. I always wondered what a set of good springs and some nice wheels and tires would do for a Legend. Good job man and you should name it Night Rider. It so looks the part but isn't a piece of s**t T/A. :giggle:

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
those balloons will give me better traction in the winter. I am all about go and nothing to show but my tail lights!!!

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only race will be after the car is done. I won't sacrifice workmanship for on time on this one. It won't drive untill ALL is working properly. And when it does, hope you got your's done right.

PS, your car domain page says 16 valve, it's 24 valve,SOHC.BTW

· Registered
1,642 Posts
dude that car looks pretty good, but IMO those wheels only work with that color legend. One question I had was why you removed the grill, that is one of the better looking parts that the 4dr had.

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My daughter has a 89LS 4dr, it had a slite accident. She started whining about the grill so I gave my grill. Besides, I like the ugly sleeper look.

· Registered
1,642 Posts
john bigonion said:
My daughter has a 89LS 4dr, it had a slite accident. She started whining about the grill so I gave my grill. Besides, I like the ugly sleeper look.
Ahh I see, I am in the process of dropping and LS/vtec into a 1986 honda accord hatchback. It looks completely stock on the outside, but I have full suspention including tokico illuminas from a 1990 civic, poly bushing all around, Lowered 2.25" and drilled and slotted rotors + I converted the rear drums to disks. Good luck with the build, I will be watching the process.

· Registered
1,642 Posts
Badjack10 said:
have you piced what turbos you are going to be using? i am having trouble with finding one. that spools fast but still puts out a good amount of boost.
Thats kinda an Oxy-moron. If you have a big turbo then it will boost alot, but spools slow. If you have a small turbo then it will boost low and spool quick. If you are doing twin turbos then you will only need two small quick spooling turbos. That should put out plenty of boost.

· Registered
8,330 Posts
Legend_master said:
Ahh I see, I am in the process of dropping and LS/vtec into a 1986 honda accord hatchback. It looks completely stock on the outside, but I have full suspention including tokico illuminas from a 1990 civic, poly bushing all around, Lowered 2.25" and drilled and slotted rotors + I converted the rear drums to disks. Good luck with the build, I will be watching the process.

paint the muffler flat black, i think that would be more sleeperish and look better.
What intake manifold u got in there? what about internals?

· Registered
1,642 Posts
Ken said:
paint the muffler flat black, i think that would be more sleeperish and look better.
What intake manifold u got in there? what about internals?
Well I thought about that, it's a 2001 V6 eclipse muffler and you can't even tell that it is not factory. I am running the factory LS internals that have ben balanced and friction coated. I am running a 2 layer thin headgasket to gain more compression. I am running a GSR head that has ben milled to yeild a little more commpression with ported intake manifold and I removed the butterflies from the IM. I should come out to be about 10.5:1 Comp when I am done, but a sleeper none the less.

Sorry john bigonion for thread jacking

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As for turbos, stop talking to us and talk to the experts that sell and tune them every day. And that hatch is pretty clean, I had a 88 accord coupe that handled like a gokart.

· Registered
1,642 Posts
john bigonion said:
As for turbos, stop talking to us and talk to the experts that sell and tune them every day. And that hatch is pretty clean, I had a 88 accord coupe that handled like a gokart.
:werd: to talking to the experts. I bet that legend dosent handle so bad now, but factory to factory the accord handles about 10 times better then my Legend did. Since I did all the mods, the car really handles like a dream.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.