Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the board but am compelled to post some info regarding the company ASAP MOTORS (www.asapmotors.com) based in Texas.

I do not know if any of you have had experience dealing with this company but it has been a wild ride for my legend and I would highly suggest staying as far away from them as possible.

A company messed up my tranny putting the wrong fluid in so they paid to get it replaced. Lucky me found ASAP MOTORS. Ordered a tranny over a month ago.... and the problems began.

Tranny 1 - Sent an Automatic
Tranny 2 - A damaged Manual
Tranny 3 - Sent another Automatic
Tranny 4 - for an 88 Coupe
Tranny 5 - Sedan
Tranny 6.... Now on it's way.. and I can do nothing but expect the worst.

Our poor legend has been out of commission for two months (since mother's day) and ASAP has been feeding me nothing but lies regarding shipping info. They promise one day air.. and ship 3 day air. Refuse to give the name of the manager.

This has been an op for me to vent my frustration with ASAP and to hopefully inform ya'll and keep any one else and their legend from having to do with their crap. If anyone else has had experience with this company please let me know.

-DIYOSA

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The legend with the issues is actually my boyfriends... In retrospect the dealer would be best... But this has been a battle. First of all it took almost 2 weeks to prove the company messed up the tranny... Then they cut a check for just enough to cover the tranny and the work for another company to fix it. Which is seemingly just as currupt and trying to pocket some $$. What has this world come to that customer service can not just be good, honest, and reliable. It is a shame.

Does anyone know of any other companies that supply a manual tranny for a 89 coupe?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At the least a report to the BBB and Consumer Affairs will be done, but as long as this tranny works... I don't want to have it come to a lawsuit, i just don't have that kinda time. Honestly, what terms can I sue on?

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
diyosa said:
The legend with the issues is actually my boyfriends... In retrospect the dealer would be best... But this has been a battle. First of all it took almost 2 weeks to prove the company messed up the tranny... Then they cut a check for just enough to cover the tranny and the work for another company to fix it. Which is seemingly just as currupt and trying to pocket some $$. What has this world come to that customer service can not just be good, honest, and reliable. It is a shame.

Does anyone know of any other companies that supply a manual tranny for a 89 coupe?
Im currently looking for a 5spd Manual for an 88 sedan....i didnt realize that it mattered if it was a coupe or sedan

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I honestly don't know if it matters. They had a tranny in route.. ( i believe #5 or 6) and they stopped it with UPS before it arrived... They claim the reason is because it was for a sedan. But who really knows. nothing out of their mouths can really be believed.

·
Registered
282 Posts
BAD BAD %[email protected] ASAP motors

SCAMMERS --

THey are CROOKS - DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM-

I have a CLIAM with MASTERCARD right now on a tranny for a 90 ls coupe that I bought and was Completely DESTROYED........

THen they never sent the supposed PICKUP delivery truck to get the bad Tranny -and Finally TODAY i had to send it back myself AFTER SPENDING $1700 on top of $700 to have the bad tranny put in - I ended up running out of money- and doing the second swap back to my original tranny in my Garage- took a week and lots of frustration - But you live and learn--

It is quite interesting because I posted my request for a tranny on a bulleten board -and had 1/2 dozen replies with good tranny's -one I almost bought from a Junkyard in NC that was from a totalled rear end collision 90' with 105k miles...

Then I get this email from ASAP-
"We have a 52k mile tranny for you shipped for $700 -

I am thinking - wow- what a deal -so I call -place the order and it comes a week later- MAy 17th ordrer date-

Anyway -steer far away from these slimy monkeys reselling blown tranny's for full price -

bad bad ASAP motors-

·
Registered
133 Posts
My 5psd is still good ,

but im wondering where to get a new one when it fails...

i did find one place...

http://www.hnatrans.com/mycustompage0004.htm

H and A tranny's. i havent dealt with them personally but they do have a clear record with BBB online, as I looked 'em up.

However, I would like more options. im also assuming their tranny's cost a **** load because....what you pay for is what you get when using all OEM parts and two yr warranties.

if anyone knows of any other wholesalers please post it!

·
Registered
293 Posts
If it's not too late - stop everything! Do not pay and insist on your money back if any was paid. Then contact the company that screwed the tranny up to begin with and tell them they will pay for wherever you take the car or else you will sue them. A small claims or district court case is not time consuming and will certainly get their attention.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
jd's1990coupe said:
My 5psd is still good ,

but im wondering where to get a new one when it fails...

i did find one place...

http://www.hnatrans.com/mycustompage0004.htm

H and A tranny's. i havent dealt with them personally but they do have a clear record with BBB online, as I looked 'em up.

However, I would like more options. im also assuming their tranny's cost a **** load because....what you pay for is what you get when using all OEM parts and two yr warranties.

if anyone knows of any other wholesalers please post it!
H and A will not sell you a tranny. They will, however, refer you to someone in your area who will.

Actually, Gil from H and A used to be a member of the Legend forums as his wife drives a Legend. Some of us met him at one of our meets last year. Good guy. Give them a call. I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
133 Posts
thanks for the post bro',

you were on the money about not being able to buy from them direct. i think their website said that the tranny has to be bought through a local shop because a business or resellers license is needed to purchase it.

peace

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update!

Just an update about ASAP Motors...

We still have not received a transmission... Out of a car since mother's day. They promised one next day aired.. but instead it was shipped 3 day... Can anyone smell a bunch of LIARS!. Anyhow... UPS lost the friggin package.. It's in Kentucky somewhere now... I am at a complete loss of what to do.

·
Registered
282 Posts
trick or treat

That is because they are waiting to ship you the bad transmission they tried to sell me last month -

They finally recieved my returned transmission yesterday -but not without holding $700 on my credit card for over 2 months -

Total bunnk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.