Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having A/C trouble with a 90 LS coupe.
The A/C seems to go on and off at will. occurs in both manual & Auto mode. today the system cycled on and off every 15 seconds even with Temp set at 60. This went on for about 1 to 1.5 hours then upon restart the AC worked for 5 minutes (cycling) then cut out. At that point the car began to overheat. I shut the A/C off and shortly after the temp can back down. When I turned the A/C back on it worked. After 5 minutes I park, shut down and check under the hood, neither radiator fan was turning, considering I nearly overheated shouldn't a fan been running?

During all the cycling mentioned above only they Radiator fan would cycle with the compressor, not the condensor fan.

The radiator cooling fan switch has been replaced and the system does have the correct amount of freon.

Any one have any clue? is this an A/C problem, a climate contol problem or a cooling fan problem?

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
You may have more than one problem. The a/c tends to be screwed up by the radiator fan controller
(is that what you mean by switch ?) the overheating is usually caused by a bad fan timer relay or thermostat or cap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts