Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my alternator is going to hell. Recently when driving my car at night my all my lights on the dash and stereo dim out and then a little later the car dies. It really only happens when the car is sitting idle, and only at night because that is when i have my stereo up and my hids and fog lights on! Anyway i though my battery was dying but i had it tested at autozone and they said its fine so now im pretty sure its my alternator not charging the batter enough. has anyone had a new one put in or done it themself just curious hoe hard it was or how much $ it took : (

Thanks guys

·
Remember
153 Posts
The Alternator is actually pretty easy to replace, just need to take off the plastic belt covers, loosen the tension on some of the belts, remove a few electrical connectors and take out the big bolt (may need a breaker bar). An Autozone alt should run you about $100 with core return. However from what you mention you may need a higher capacity alternator with all your goodies, especially if you are stuck in traffic a lot. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.