Votes: 22 61.1%
  • Sedan

Votes: 14 38.9%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was just wondering if all of you prefer the g1 sedan or the g1 coupe.

Which one is better?

I have a 89 coupe and wanted a sedan. Not that I dislike the coupe but I love having 4 doors.

what do you all think?

·
Registered
217 Posts
dont u sedan ppl have better suspensions then us

·
Registered
347 Posts
I thought the coupes had the better rear suspension.
Coupes bodywork wins hands down, partic. the rear end.
mind you, I'm biased.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have to vote for the sedan, The extra interior room is a definite plus. I hate having to hug the steering wheel to allow someone into the rear seat. And it still hauls a$$, :D :D

·
Registered
846 Posts
I vote sedan, gotta represent mine! I like having a lot of room for people to pile into my car. I also love the look on someones face when they get thier a$$ handed to them buy a 4 door import sedan. Pricless:) I do, however, really love the body and rear of the coupe. Whats up with the coupe shift nob, its a little to, ummm, nob like I guess, If you know what Im saying.:)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Coupe. Sorry to the Sedan folk, love all the G1s and G2s. But in my opinion the G1 Coupes looked a lot better than the G1 Sedans. The G1 Sedan, looks a little squarish and on the Accord-style side. I also dislike the rear strip and lights on the Sedan. The coupe had the better suspension always, not until 89-90 did the Sedan finally get the same suspension. Don't forget that for 86-87 the Sedans had the 2.5L vs the 2.7L all coupes came with and the sedans thereafter.

Space wise is a different story, I can take 4 people in the coupe, but 5 is just too many in the coupe. The steering wheel thing is the only thing that bugs me about the coupe. That must be why Honda made the Telescope/Tilting Steering wheel in the G2s.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yah yah yah. Its clear to me that the Coupes are better. hehe, j/k guys / girls? Nah, i just like my car! all Legends rock. no debate there right people??? I wouldnt have purchased a G1 sedan. I like the looks of the Coupes significantly more then the Sedans. However, ALL G2 models are hot. U definetly get the trade offs. The sedans have more room... More room = more weight.. slower. not much tho... and the 2 dr's are nice... cus u dont have to give all ur friends rides @ lunch (if ure still in highschool like me. hehe) Anyway, just my 2 cents. :cool:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Is there really that much of a weight difference, I was under the impression the coupe and sedan were about the same. Im wrong a lot though.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hey 2die4, your car looks great, I really like the rims. What size are they? 16's? What kind of camera did you take those pictures with? You guys are all starting to make me want a coupe! J/K.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I like my sedan... Without the four doors, I wouldn't be able to drive it everyday as it is my FAMILY car !!!

The only things I don't like are the rear lights on the trunk and the scarcity of aftermarket parts !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's all about the Coupe's Baby... Much better styling, a little lighter, plus I get to trip people out with my roll down windows in the back. I guess I'm just biased, but I have never really liked the styling of sedans, just a little too boxy or something. Plus there is way too much plastic along the back side. My vote is COUPEMy Coupe

·
Registered
864 Posts
thnx chuck...

Yah, theyre 16's. there on some high-performance / all season Toyo tires. theyers alright... they dont squeal that much and do well in the snow. thanks dude. And i ude a Sony Digi Camera, DSC-S70 its pretty nice. Anyway... yup. thanks for the compliments. i just replaced my front O2 sensor a couple hours ago. my car will go a week or two before i do some more work... im leakin some oil. take care... Coupes rock! Sedans have their ups. but drive a coupe and see if u notice anything diff.

-bryan

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yeah, no prob man. Do you know how much you paid for your rims? Im looking for some 17s for my car and dont want to spend a whole bunch. I sold some 15 inch pcw 5 spokes with low pro tires, they just looked way to small on a big ol sedan like mine. PCW isnt a bad brand at all IMHO.:) thanks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I SAY THE SEDAN IS BETTA WELL BOTH ARE GREAT CARS BUT LAST WEEK I RACED A COUPE WITH MY 89 SENDAN AND I LEFT HIM LIKE 2 CARS BEHIND AND HE HAD AND INTAKE AND EXHAUST AND MY CAR WAS STOCK AND AUTOMATIC

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Sounds like he wasn't racing you, or didn't floor it.
The G1 Coupe has the same 2.7L engine found on most Sedans. Not only that but they're lighter, and have better suspensions until 88 when the sedan got the same suspension.

Either his was busted, he wasn't racing you, or didn't really try.

·
Registered
199 Posts
man the guy was pissed cause i beat him he was trying hard ok then he came up and toll me "hey my friend whants to race u in his mazda mx6 " then i told him bring it on and guess wud i smoked his ass too so they were trying hard real hard so i guess my new rebuilt engine was pushing more horsepower that his car

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Wait, you're Sedan has Engine Modifications? Well there's the reason you beat the Coupe. If we're talking stock, the coupe would win, if both cars had the SAME modifications, the coupe would also win, it's more aerodynamic and has less weight. The coupe weighs in about 100lbs less or so. Coefficiency of Drag is 0.30 for the coupe, 0.32 for the Sedan.

·
Registered
846 Posts
It would be so close in a short race, the coupe might win, but not by that much, maybe a foot or so. The weight difference doesnt make that much difference, neither does areodynamics at slower speeds. Yeah yeah, the coupes are better, we get the point.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts