Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it take to put 6.5s in the front of g1s?

·
Five- O
857 Posts
What do u mean?

My front speakers are 6.5

Esti

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
do u have a bose?. mobile toys website thing says that our cars come w/ 5.25s but 6.5s can fit :confused: someone help plz

·
Five- O
857 Posts
no bose- I have an L. They are 6.5 - I changed mine last year. The rears are also 6.5.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i cant tell. all the websites say 5.25s but can fit 6.5s. How do u replace them? is the bottom 1/4th of the door removable seperately? I see one screw, is that the only thing keeping it on? thx

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Crutchfield.com says 6.5

Inorder to remove to the front speakers u have to remove the door panel, which is a little pain in ass. So I just removed all the screws on the door panel - I believe there are 4 screws- Two in the lower corners- one on the side and one in middle (off the top of my head). With all the screws out I unclipped the panel from the door- starting from the bottom. The panel is still attachted to the door on top- where it meets the window. I just left it attchted on top and swung the panel up to have access to the speaker. The speaker is just attcahed by 3 screws. It's a tight fit but I found it easier then trying to remove the entire panel.

Good luck
Esti

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i promise you mine are 5.25s in the front

1 - 8 of 8 Posts