Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1988 AND A 1989 G1 COUPES

Both hoods do NOT have the Grill Bolted on with the legend emblem on them . I have one car in the shop and I got a new hood from another car but, the grill is screwed on to the hood with the legend emblem.

So the question is

The car has the grill (with legend emblem ) screwed on to the radiator support bracket. (replacement hood)
Can I remove this grill (from my car's radiator area)and still use the Hood with the Grill already screwed on the it and have all clearance etc.?

OK LOOK AT THESE TOO PICS
THE RED IS LIKE MY CAR
THE SILVER IS LIKE THE REPLACEMENT HOOD
</a>

</a>

·
Hatin the rain already
598 Posts
If there is anybody out there willing to trade me grills.

I have the grill like the red car.

I want the grill like the white car.

By the way mine is white so of course that color would be preferred but not completely necessary. I am going to check junkyards but thought this might be easier.
let me know
[email protected]
Jeff

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply

full_stealth Thats for that reply for my question. I am almost proud of you.

Like I said anyone knows if the hoods in the pic is interchangeable?

·
Hatin the rain already
598 Posts
I dont think there is any reason why the grills wouldnt be interchangeable. there are extra places to screw things together behind the grill. sorry for not being this direct. most parts between 86-90 are interchangeable as far as the body goes.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool

Thanks full_stealth
I would love the White car instead like yourself.
I have the hood mater of fact and I have ideas you know.

If you can get the hood you gonna have to paint it too
right? unless you get the same color.

peace

·
Hatin the rain already
598 Posts
ok maybe I dont get it but is that white grill piece connected to the hood? I just had my hood painted so I dont want to be monkeyin it up. I think its off of a '90 right?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
true

Sorry I forgot you just wanted the Grill. the hood you have has the holes for the screws. buy of course you have to remove youe exsiting Grill. I cannot confirm it works because I have never tried it and you know this is why I posted it here.
So YES If it can work, you do not have to re-paint the hood. Just unscrew the grills.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
grill

If you look closely, you have to paint the fram of the grill too! That clor matches the car! ****, you just gave me an Idea.
Thanks !

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The grille that is attached to the hood was only on 1990 models. Everything else had the grille attached to the bumper. Here are some things to consider before you do a hood swap:

1. The hood release on the 90 goes through the grille, and not above it like the earlier cars.

2. 89-90 cars have the washer jets mounted underneath the lip of the hood, instead of on top of it. This may be just a matter of rerouting the washer fluid lines, or it might not. I don't know.

I do not know if you can interchange just the grilles. See #1 above. I could probably check for you, if you really want to know.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really want to know.

I have the car in the shop right now (Car2) and If I have to get the radiator support with the hood for it to work etc. I will do that.

I have a 89 and the washer jets is under the hood. maybe this car was made late in 89.

check that hood thing out for me please.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hey, kinda got lost in all of your posts but I have a '90 LS coupe. Its grill looks like the white one. It does unscrew from the hood. I decided to mesh this grill but I couldn't do it like other ones- I had to stick the mesh behind the black part.
I also had to rig the hood release. I just stuck a screw in it so it stays open. The other two releases hold it down. Any other questions lemme know. OH yeah... the crome part doesnt screw off. Hope this helps somewhat.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know what I aam up against!

firestorm
thanks. It looks like I have some MOD to do (meshing the grill and all)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.