Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I had better show some pictures after I was complemented from ND1980LS which I relly appreciate.
It is hard to know whether to post them in the G1 or the G2 section. :giggle:

Bear with me if the pictures don't work.

You can see all the pictures on the link at the bottom of my very first sig. :D

· Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys it really means a lot to me.

· Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Accord is the base model whatever that is, a LX I think. My dad drives the Accord, My mum drives the G2 and I drive the G1. It was not always like this though. It took years to persuade my parents to get Honda's. I have always been a Honda man since birth. It just took me 12 years to discover it.

88_acro The green one is a 1972 Ford Cortina (3.3 Litre inline 6 - 92 Kw)
The second one is a 1952 Standard Super 10

· Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would say not. That one is 47years old and Standard was bought out by Triumph in the 60's I think. So it has not been around for a long time.

· Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Standard was amde at Phillip Bay here in Australia.
The Cortina was also made here I believe. In England the COrtina had a V6 but we only got the straight 6 or the 4 cylinder.

· Registered
1,723 Posts
89HondaLegend said:
The Standard was amde at Phillip Bay here in Australia.
The Cortina was also made here I believe. In England the COrtina had a V6 but we only got the straight 6 or the 4 cylinder.
How long has Australia manufactured automobiles? The STANDARD originated(design+manufactured) in Australia? That is the case with the HOLDEN?(HOLDEN is owned by GM?) I wish more of your cars would be imported to the United States...

· Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do not know all that much about it. My Dad is in the know so I will have to ask him. The Standard is made by the British Motor Company. It is made in England. However they were assembeled or whatever here.
We don't get any American cars. Your Ford's are very different to ours and some of our holdens are rebadged as Chec over there. I think the Monaro is a Pontiac there.

This is the most recent Holden here.

This is a Ford Falcon Turbo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.