3,212 Posts
# Dyno tested and proven

# Direct bolt-on without modification *

# T-304 stainless steel mandrel bend for ultra fast flow

# CNC machine flanges with TIG and MIG welded construction

# Utilizes factory 02 sensor position *

# Gaskets and hardware included

# Lifetime warranty from manufacturer defects
* Nice quotes from the manufacture but to my knowledge they've yet to be dos xx'ed (co-signed) by any G1 forum member.

One...

Fut :2cool:

· Me & Nomuken(Monkey)
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
* Nice quotes from the manufacture but to my knowledge they've yet to be dos xx'ed (co-signed) by any G1 forum member.

One...

I guess sam o nela and I will have to be the guinea pigs then, since we are the only ones with enough cajones to buy them!:2cool:

· Registered
843 Posts

One...

Yup, plus there's at least one lie in the advertising; that's not the stock O2 sensor position - at least not on any G1 I've ever seen. It would be the ideal time for me as I have my engine out of the car, but I've already had enough problems out of "factory fit" headers to last me for a lifetime.....

· Registered
3,212 Posts
..since we are the only ones with enough cajones...
Not tryin to size up anyone's sack. Given they're G2 design short comings I'm not the only one who's got a close eye on OBX's G1 design. If I recall, we're still waiting for the one (1) set bought buy a forum member to post up his install and review. On tha flip, many a forum member can atest to the quality of each mod (G1 & G2) I've offered for sale on these forums. Here's a list:

G2 Coupe/Sedan Specific Strut Tower Bar
G2 Coupe/Sedan Specific Tie Bars

G1 Coupe/Sedan Specific Front Strut Tower Bar
G1 Sedan Specific Rear Strut Tower Bar
G1 Coupe/Sedan Specific Short Shifter

One...

· because i can.
10,426 Posts
^ :werd:

I totally understand Fut's concerns...I think its not that many members are afraid to get them, but rather that OBX already isnt the greatest company out there as far as fitablility and while $325 is a good price on headers in general, its kinda a lot to pay just to be a guinea pig...

But not to worry guys...we'll find out soon enough what the deal with these headers is! :D

· Registered
509 Posts
I've been thinking of testing these headers out too...but I think I read some where that they don't fit right because they were originally designed to fit the accord....they said they fit on perfectly on the exhaust manifold...but the o2 sensors are too low and you have to extend the wires...you have to cut off the flange that fits to the catalytic converter, extend the pipe to fit the legend and weld the correct flange on....all of which I was told could be easily taken care of by any muffler shop....but...I'm still hesitating...

· Registered
509 Posts
I think it's a good price too...I've almost ordered it numerous times...how much you think a muffler shop would charge to modify and extend the pipe??

I've also heard that if you lower your car theres a chance you might bump or damage the O2 sensors...

I am curious to know whether there is a noticeable hp gain...even with the unequal length design...

· FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts

damn i want to get one, but need info on how it is. plus i need to replace mine cause the bottom pipe wear it connects to the front headers is all bents and smashed.

· Me & Nomuken(Monkey)
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
shayrgob said:
New list (besides first 5):

1) Beeze
2)
3)
4)
5)

4 days left guys.
Come On guys!!! :poke:
your always whining in threads that there is no after market 4 Your Car...Well Now there Is!!! Need +4 guys too get in on this so We can get group buy Price!!! V V V click on link to buy!!!:hitit:

· FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
i wish i can get it but need money :( damn i hate being broke. is it really 325?

· Registered
91 Posts
does anyone know how much HP gain is with it???
whose taking the responsibility for postage???

· Me & Nomuken(Monkey)
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i wish i can get it but need money :( damn i hate being broke. is it really 325?
yup $325 shipped!!!!! out the door!
My advise throw it on a credit card pay of w/ next couple pay checks!!!
It worth the Deal your getting!!!:thumbsup:

· Banned
14,938 Posts
does anyone know how much HP gain is with it???
whose taking the responsibility for postage???
G2's saw about 15-20hp out of a not the best designed setup.

I know these aren't the best, however its all tehre is. You guys should really take advantage of it now. b/c u know as soon as the first few get them installed everyone else will want a set, its how this forum works, so get in now. $325 is steal for headers.

btw, i checked and OBX doesn't make a header for a 2.7 accord, only legends, so it can't be based on that. my .02$

· Me & Nomuken(Monkey)
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I know these aren't the best, however its all tehre is. You guys should really take advantage of it now. b/c u know as soon as the first few get them installed everyone else will want a set, its how this forum works, so get in now. $325 is steal for headers.

btw, i checked and OBX doesn't make a header for a 2.7 accord, only legends, so it can't be based on that. my .02$
Thankx 4 the Info im sure that will relive a lot of people's concerns.
:type:

· Registered
889 Posts
G1 will be vastly different in this case - smaller engine, the headers have very unequal length Y-pipe runners, which, as far HP making, is not a good thing.

I know these aren't the best, however its all tehre is.
Somehow that's not a very good reason to buy, in my book at least.

yup $325 shipped!!!!! out the door!
My advise throw it on a credit card pay of w/ next couple pay checks!!!
It worth the Deal your getting!!!
Amaizing advice! I take it that you're not a hedge fund manager...
You want to calculate here for us, the end-all cost of the header with this amaizing financing scheme you're proposing?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts