Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
File this under the "duh, why didn't I do this before?" section of the Legend Modders Book.

One of the things that I liked the most about my 88 G1 when I first got it was the S3/4 button, although it seemed a little out of place to be comfortable if you like to shift it frequently.

so, the answer is, move it... duh.

I ride with my right arm on the console usually and moving the button to one of the unused button blanks in the consol makes it perfectly under my fingers.

Below you'll see where I put it, right next to the LED for the Alarm. I used the bottom half of the button blank (you have to cut it) to fill up the rest of the hole.

and your thinking;
"yea, but what did you fill the s3/s4 button hole with?"
well, believe it or not, it's a peice of the back (black) part of a cassette case. Just cut it down to fit and snap it in.
look at the photo and I'm sure you'll figure it out if you want to do it. Keep in mind that the button has 6 wires, although you only have to extend them about 6-7".

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
good thinking!

I wish i would have thought of that. That looks great and i bet it's so much easier to use and get to. Great pic nice and clean work. I give it 5 stars*****. What else do you got?:eek:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WhiteLegend said:
Sorry never owned a G1, what does that button do for you?
makes me go from "kinda fast" to "aw, [email protected], I'm fast".... :D

You can shift from regular "D"rive to S3 which keeps the converter locked and shifts at a higher rpm, you can hit the S4 button (around 85 :D ) and it will alow you to go to overdrive with the converter locked. Much better feel in an automatic. If you havn't tried one out, you need to. Lots of fun.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
The shifter is part of the 1990 Legend, it's standard for the Autos on that year.

I've been trying to figure out the differences in the Automatics between the G2 and G1.

The G2 has D3 and D4. I'm guessing the shift points are all the same for both D3 and D4, minus the fact that D3 will hold in third.. and probably not use overdrive??

The G1 has D, S3, and S4. D is fuel economy shift points, with overdrive. S3 is no overdrive and holds in third, with more "performance" shift points. And S4 allows you to stay out of overdrive and maintain the performance shift points but allowing the car to go into 4th...

Don't know if that made sense.. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts