Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get the ****ing console area apart to install a new CD player. I cant figure it out and dont feel like freezing my ass off in the garage trying to. Can anyone direct me to a step by step instruction area on the web or just tell me what to do. Am I going to have to take the whole damn dash apart? I need help fast, just bought the new JVC kameleon reciever and its killing me to not have it in my car. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
it sucks man...
lemme tell yah. i spent about 3 hours on mine (then took it back and had it pro done) but there are screws above the temp. knobs. (right below the vents, where the center console strip is indented there) theres screws on the side walls of the passenger and driver footwell (towards the front end of the car). theres screws in the center console container thing (open it and there should be a screw in the bottom of it i think. Its the big arm-rest console thing)
screws under the little compartment that you push down to open (in front of the shifter, the little coin holder)and lets see, if u slide both passenger and driver seat back all the way, there are screws in the sides of the console there too. keep the screws seperate.. as i remember, theyre all diff??? And when theyre all out, the top part of the console should become looser (by the vents) and push that down and try slidding it back towards your tail-end. see if u can loosen it that way!

Its a lot... i cant think of where any more are. be careful, and if ur in a stick, watch the shiftboot when youre moving your console outa there. dont rip it! be careful! LoL I know im a sh*tty explainer, so e-mail me if u need some more help. i'd be happy to help ya ill tell ya more. anyway, good luck man. Peace

[email protected]
or
[email protected]

take care man
-bryan

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot man! I have a auto so I guess that makes it a little easier. So basically its not to hard once I get all the screws out and get the main console out? I bought a mounting kit and they gave the ****tiest instructions I have ever read. yours will help a lot, Thanks again!!!:) I will let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats legend tuner?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Automatic console

On the automatic I believe you have to remove the black panel around the shifter, It is held in by spring clips, just takes a litttle delicate prying.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot guys, It really helped, I will send pictures of the new Kameleon deck when i take some. I bought the brand new model for $175 on EBAY. Its sweet! Thanks again!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THERE IS A FACTORY CD PLAYER FOR G1 LEGENDS????

·
Registered
19 Posts
That is a pretty thorough explaination. I wish it could be that easy to explain all the ins and outs of out cars (i.e. changing the rear main seal...argh!)

:)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Interesting there must be TWO versions of the Acura CD player for G1s, that one looks different then the one in my car.. Mine looks newer.. weird...

Must be an edition that came with BOSE and one that came with the stock w/EQ?

Odd...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts