Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the parts store and picked up a cheap strut bar kit for civic/integra...

Main reason I got it was for the aluminum center section and the rod ends.

Modified the tower mounts (just using one mount bolt on the upper A arm) and even with one mounting spot, it drives a lot different. It feels tighter than I thought it would.

Gonna get the bolt spacing to do a full circle around the strut bolts when I put on the suspension next week, then fab up some mounts for the bar. Should be able to have a bar for under $50 for the G1....:D

....cheapness rules again.... Will post pics tomorrow....

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will do man,
prob. have it by this next weekend...:D

G1 Modders Motto:
"They don't make it, so we have to." <tm :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
G1 Modders Motto:
"They don't make it, so we have to."

I think that's the motto of all legend modders. I know I can't find anything that is premade and I even have a G2. But making something custom is half the fun of it, so I don't mind all that much. I just wish I had more spare time to do it in. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
386 Posts
HEY BUKOWSKI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice strut brace. Give us some diagrams or maybe you can start taking orders. I need one for my 1990 g1 coupe front and rear if possible. Also on the crane cam ignition set up the coil looks like its from accel why not install a crane cam LX 91 coil to go with the HI-6 amplifier.:D By the way sweet job on the strut bar and how does your car handle now?:D

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all,
the car does handle a little tighter. I expect it to improve a little when I do the 6 bolt mount on the strut tops instead of the 2 bolt A arm mounts.

Been eying a mod for the back, but got a big @ssed bandpass box with two 12s in the trunk that I'd have to rebuild (with a big f'in hole in the middle :D ) to be able to mount a Rear strut brace.
still figurin on that one....

bout the crane, already had an older one and already had the accel. I think that my crane went t!ts up (after only 7 years and 5 vehicles....:rolleyes: ) so, I'll prob. order a new one today and get the coil with it, so the accel will come back out and go in the vw.

will do a simple diagram when I get done with the suspension....
the struts are comming in tomorrow.... :rolleyes: finally...

·
Registered
386 Posts
PLAYA PLAYA!!!!!!!!!

Just like Mountain you are doing the DEW ( Get it Mountain Dew ). Keep up the good work and keep on modifying.:D

·
Registered
386 Posts
STRUT BARS!!!!!!!!

I sure hope you can turn this into a full-out mod for the rest of us G1 owners. That strut bar looks banging.:cool:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
very sneaky like....

FutureX 2001 said:
Very nice, how'd you get the AcuraLegend logo on there?
went to my local www.acura-legend.com and stole the logo.
put it in photoshop and did a yellow background. pasted the black on top of the yellow, printed it in high quality/paper, put packing tape over the pic, with a small taped edge to attach to the brace....

my wife always says i'm a crafty mf.... :D

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Bukowski=Legend
Seems to me shes right. did you ever tighten the strut bar up? You sid it was a Civic Integra bar. Do you think the Accord will be any better??

·
Registered
292 Posts
sounds great... so what parts store did you go to? is it a cheap strut bar, generic name brand? or is it a namebrand bar? either way doesn't matter for me as long as its tight. i'll be in to get one if you get it done... esp for $50

·
Registered
689 Posts
...bump.

this looks VERY interesting. Bukowski=Legend, I'm curious to know if you ever got a better mounting for the strut bar.

Much props to MrSmith for digging this thread back up!!:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts