Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious to hear what yall think of G1's vs. G2's....And what you've heard about their reliability...Like..If G2's are more dependable or not...Reason I ask is b/c I was talking to this girl tonight who has a Jeep Grand Cherokee but told me she used to have an 86, I think Sedan....and that she loved it....I just didn't think G1's were something to rave about....?

·
Registered
655 Posts
theoretically I think 1stgen is less dependable

More technology, and more time to work out kinks in gen2BGut then again diff. eng.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
umm, i'd say the g1's are LESS dependable due to "mileage" and technology / time limitations.

the g2's had a lot of the advancements that the g1's did not have....

g2's also tend to have less mileage than their g1 counterparts, but I've owned them both, from both sides of the spectrum.

overall, if you take care of either car, it'll take care of you.
however, it's MUCH EASIER to find a "well taken care of g2" (the majority of them) due to their initial price, than a "well taken care of g1" (due to the price being like 24-25-26k new)....

does that logic sound about right?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
There are many 280,000+ Mile G1 Legends, one guy had it past 300k!
Not sure what the highest G2 has been so far...
Compared to other 80s cars however, the G1 is very very reliable.

G1 cars are something to rave about, the Coupe's styling is very nice, and it has the BEST steering I have felt in a car, even my G2. They are smaller, and more ZIPPY, you feel like you can do crazy stuff in a G1.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
There are many 280,000+ Mile G1 Legends, one guy had it past 300k!
Not sure what the highest G2 has been so far...
Compared to other 80s cars however, the G1 is very very reliable.

G1 cars are something to rave about, the Coupe's styling is very nice, and it has the BEST steering I have felt in a car, even my G2. They are smaller, and more ZIPPY, you feel like you can do crazy stuff in a G1.
In all honesty, my car has a few miles on it and apparently , during a few of those miles, someone wasn't paying proper attention to the maintenance schedule. Oh well..

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:

Maybe so....but take my G2 coupe for a spin!
Confidence is enhanced over three digits....what a rush...I think both gen's have aWESOME merits....pound for pound...two of Honda's best vehicles..now throw in the NSX, and you've got a serious contender! (All three!!)

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I think the later year G1's like the 89 and 90 models are more reliable than the 91-92 G2's. The earlier model G2s had an assortment of problems that acura later corrected in 93-95.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I have not had the honor of driving a G2 Coupe yet. Are they very different from the GS Sedan (TypeII)? The only thing I didn't like about the coupe was that the back is too high stock wise. However, I noticed when they're dropped even a little (like with the Eibach) they look a lot better, like yours.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks Future.

It depends on your mood...if you feel sporty and nimble...i.e. time to fly, or you are in a hurry, or just feel like having some fun...drive the coupe.

If you feel more...suave, laid back, but with an attitude, drive the sedan..she won't let you down (if someone flexes on you) and will do it with a dignified touch of class that is unreal.

Coupe = Go get the ladies...or, err (thai) let the ladies get you :D
Sedan = Car FULL of ladies, and they are going to get you :D :D :p
lol

Best way = have both...in case you have mood swings.

Personally, the coupe is more fun...no matter if it is Type I or Type II....those rear windows freak people out, and it just feels more nimble...both ROCK

GEt both..that's all I can say

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I was thinking of purchasing a G1 for my girlfriend, but since i've never driven one, I wanna drive one and see what it feels like. Ive driven a Type II coupe and I must say that it hauls ass. It kinda had me wanting to trade in my sedan for the coupe. But hopefully i'll be able to get a coupe very soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts