Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so we know now that G1 can beat 99 BMWs, and mustangs (which i didn't even dare racing against but i guess i'll give it a shot with my 89 legend sedan), and all other 4-bangers (integra, civics....)

what about mitsubishi? the other day i just got the $hit whipped out of me when i lined up with a 3000GT. he challenged me so i cool with it. ripped right off the line. ouch.

btw, has anyone added more hp to their G1? just wanna know how that goes.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mazda?
third gen? is that 93? the ones that look like miatas?
or earlier... kinda look like old integras?

i didn't know those things carried weight?!? aren't the late eighties models hauling a 1.3L? which of those overpriced lawnmowers are you taking about?

you guys here make me wanna go out and find a mustang. hopefully i don't run into the v8s... 4.6L. :eek:

i can feel the loss already.

·
Registered
157 Posts
255 stock in a 2700 lbs car, 0 - 60 in 5s. And that's if you get lucky and hit one stock.. Most are 300+ with bolt-on mods.

Your best bet, pick a really hot day and go after them. They don't like the heat much (relatively speaking). They are also vulnerable off the line cause rotaries don't generate a lot of torque. Once it crosses 3 - 4k, look out. 40 - 70 is generally in the mid 3s to low 4s.

There are a few 7s with v8s in them, they handle poorly but they are fast in a straight line, kinda sounds like a 'stang or camaro doesn't it.
Food for thought from a recovering rotary head... (Just sold my 7).

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh i didn't know it was the RX-7s carrying those hybrid-bastard for engines...

rotary2... yeah i haven't run into any of the third gen yet but i have someone who has a friend in the australian circuit with a third gen rx-7 that pushes 400 horses.

i think there are cars some where hauling rotary4 that push 200mph easily.

yea i was wondering why, when i went to the junkyard, there were so many rx-7s. i didn't really bother looking cuz i was busy hunting for a legend (not even any acuras there) but i guess theres no one who can fix a rotary so they just dump it.

ah well

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh and by the time i came back i felt the engine shuddering when i was idle, so the timing was off. check the unit under the passenger seat and it was blinking.

i already fixed the problem but i also noticed in the legend manual (1990) that the fuel should be 91 octane or higher. this means that premium doesn't cut it. thats probably the reason why my baby was shaking, i forced her to be malnourished all this time. did anyone else notice this? well, no more premium for me.

oh and btw, does anyone have a 1990 legend sedan? i thought the power antennae motor was burned out when i bought it, since its a common problem. but i just peeped at the motor and there isn't one. does anyone see anything wrong with this picture?

·
Registered
541 Posts
hey mythical, legends dont need 91 octane gas.. it can take regular 87. Yea you should have a power antenna. So your motor isn't even there? Does your radio still work? My power antenna broke like 2 times. Damn those Gas station car washes.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Rotaries don't deal with certain ailments well, one would be overheating. The oil coolers can leak oil onto the water lines which makes them brittle. They break and dump all the water out, the engine overheats and they are toast. Gotta watch them.

The latter ones had problems with fire and electrical systems. There was a recall where coolant was puddling on the engine and igniting. The electrical problems caused predetonation due to timing advance problems, unlike a recip engine which would knock, a rotary just dies, blows the seals right out of the thing.

that's how the end up in the junk yard.

And the number of people who know how to fix them is very small, generally owners who just love their cars.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
are you sure it doesn't need 91? thats the minimum octane in the specs.

yea the radio works fine, but i'd rather have a power antenna. i never listen to the radio anyway... i hate commercials, except for some of the super bowl ones.

that was a sweet game right to the end. rams shoulda murdered the patriots but kurt warner had a bad day. ah well.

·
Registered
541 Posts
hell yea! i was rooting for the RAMS too!! mainly becuse i believe that the Raiders had an unfair lost against the Patriots

·
Registered
68 Posts
i never race cars that were made years after mine was, i own a 89...so from 89 and on it's all game, but i also hate people that own 2000 or 2001 cars and beat me and think there all cool....u have better technology....it's like me beating a 12 year old child.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts