Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible and or has anyone tried putting the G2 rear deck panel into the G2 Sedan rear deck?

Its either that or I got to re-appolster the G2 Sedan and get rid of the 3rd brake light.

They look very close, and want to know if this will work or fit

James

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
James S said:
Is it possible and or has anyone tried putting the G2 rear deck panel into the G2 Sedan rear deck?

Its either that or I got to re-appolster the G2 Sedan and get rid of the 3rd brake light.

They look very close, and want to know if this will work or fit

James
I think that the coupe rear deck is longer and slightly narrower than the sedan's.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I guess I will be the 1st to know this for sure

I will take measurements tonight

If its close, I will do the swap
and or use the coupes rear deck material to re-cover the
Sedans rear deck after its removed and the 3rd brakelight is
cut out and fabricated flat.

Can someone tell me how easy or hard it is to remove one of these rear deck panels out of the G2 Sedan????

Thanks, James

G

·
Hmmm...

I think you may have to remove the seats to get to it... don't quote me on that... But that mod would be cool w/ the sedan trunk with a 94-95 coupe trunk mounted brake light..

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, in not swaping trunks, just the panel

What I intend to do is use the material from a 95 LS coupe
and the OEM rear deck panel from the GS Sedan

Take the Sedans panel and re-fabricate it (leaving the orig opening for the speakers and tweets)

that way it will boast the center compartment and the smooth finish over the carpet, and not have the 3rd tail light in the window, just flush and clean.

The oem wing will take car of the 3rd brake light that I will be putting on in the near future.

So how easy or hard is it to remove the G2 Sedan rear deck panel?

Im getting the windows tinted, should I do this 1st or after
do not want to scratch takeing out and for that matter putting in, but they can tint the window glass behind the 3rd tail light on the 94 GS Sedan Legend cant they????

James

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
They will have to remove the rear deck and third brake light to tint behind it.

In order to remove the rear deck, you will have to take the rear seat out, remove a single screw from each of the rear post panels and pull them out (they are held in by clips), and then carefully pry the front edge of rear deck panel where it is held down by three or four clips. The rear panel should then slide off.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
depends

depends what year and model u want. i have a 92 coupe and u just pull the deck up but i also had a 94 sedan once and u had to do alot more. Also they have Coupe rear deck pannels without the opening for the brake light just get one of those.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LegendGS
thanks for the info on the removal

as well as all others that kindly responded to my call for help

I will keep you posted as to what I end up doing
but it does look like the window tinters can slip the tint behind the GS Sedans 3rd tail light on the window since there is a space to do that which should be enough room to work with.

Im getting the tint done this Friday so I will also tell them how to remove the rear deck

By the way, Im also going to look at some keyless entry alarm systems.....Any Suggestions???

Thanks Again, James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts