Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
do you know if any other type of shift boot would work. what type of mounting would it have to have or could you just cut the bottom of the shift boot to work with the G2 legend???

·
The Great White North
824 Posts
Ahh thank you, finally!
I was wondering if the boot mounting hardware would fit... but now i see you swap them!

·
Soon to be BOOSTED!
2,636 Posts
Alex, have you tried screwing down the TL shift knob on the OEM shifter at all? I tried to screw in on the factory shifter just to get something on there and it seemed as if the threads inside the knob were begining to strip. Any ideas?

·
Banned
14,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alex, have you tried screwing down the TL shift knob on the OEM shifter at all? I tried to screw in on the factory shifter just to get something on there and it seemed as if the threads inside the knob were begining to strip. Any ideas?
is it brand new?

yes, i've tried it on a oem shifter. it works fine.

The new knobs don't have a threads cut into them. you need to force it on first time.

·
Soon to be BOOSTED!
2,636 Posts
is it brand new?

yes, i've tried it on a oem shifter. it works fine.

The new knobs don't have a threads cut into them. you need to force it on first time.
Yes it is brand new. It looked like there were threads on there but I will take a better look tomorrow. I was woried about stripping a $60 knob.

·
Banned
14,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes it is brand new. It looked like there were threads on there but I will take a better look tomorrow. I was woried about stripping a $60 knob.
just make sure its straight, and push down hard at first. then its gonna feel like its taking all your strength to turn it. keep going.

just make sure its straight in the start.

·
Soon to be BOOSTED!
2,636 Posts
just make sure its straight, and push down hard at first. then its gonna feel like its taking all your strength to turn it. keep going.

just make sure its straight in the start.
ok, thanks for the advice.

·
The Great White North
824 Posts
My knob definitely has threads
i havent tried it on the shifter yet though, waiting for my RJ one

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.