Acura Legend Forum banner

101 - 120 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
AMP verification 95 L Coupe

I have a 95 Coupe L (Type II) with OEM Bose system -- which has an amp behind ls rear seat. It can be accessed, and removed, btw, w/o removing rear seat; rather just gently move rear panel.

Problem: how can you verify if amp is working correctly....I changed out OEM head unit with OEM unit (92 4-dr unit), due to dimming radio read-out, and loud hum. Everything works but not strong power -- need lots of vol., and appears amp not working...?

Ron In Ottawa, Canada

·
Registered
23 Posts
im jst trying to find a few replacement speakers for my 92 LS

i looked online on bose and couldnt find them i dont think you can order them online.. and is there any cheaper place i can get them ??

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey i just read your diagram and saw a cd cable - i was told by ma boy at work that u can have a caset player but a 6cd changer in the trunk can i do dat cuz he told me i culd get on in the junk yard fo cheep - is so wat cd changer can i get and is it posible to do that in ma car i got a legend 91 ls 4dr i think is LS or L lol.....

·
has left.
4,454 Posts
hey i just read your diagram and saw a cd cable - i was told by ma boy at work that u can have a caset player but a 6cd changer in the trunk can i do dat cuz he told me i culd get on in the junk yard fo cheep - is so wat cd changer can i get and is it posible to do that in ma car i got a legend 91 ls 4dr i think is LS or L lol.....
Welcome to the forum. While you've got some free time, read the forum rules.

Also, read the thread that you're posting in as it answers your question.

Pre-wired CD Changer This plug should already be connected to the back of your OEM deck, it runs all the way to the trunk. You can plug in any Alpine M-bus 6 disc CD changer, or you can use an adapter to connect an Ai-net 6 disc changer. You'll also need an Acura-Alpine adapter if you're adding a non-honda/acura changer to correct a difference in the cable's pinout. There is also an excellent DIY for making your own Custom Acura-Alpine adapter
The wire in question is on the driver's side of your trunk. Should be somewhere below the black plastic sleeve (the CD changer will slide into this sleeve for a solid, vertical mount).

·
Registered
18 Posts
need help on taking out a factor deck. i bought a 92 legend. i dont know what model it is but thing is a pain in the butt to take out. am i supose to remove the whole frame of the center to get it out? i tired but broke a nail. would someone help me out because im about to just yank that thing out with a crow bar.

·
Registered
44 Posts
need help on taking out a factor deck. i bought a 92 legend. i dont know what model it is but thing is a pain in the butt to take out. am i supose to remove the whole frame of the center to get it out? i tired but broke a nail. would someone help me out because im about to just yank that thing out with a crow bar.
Start by removing the two Phillips screws that are in the storage compartment (under the ash tray) right in front of the shifter. Then there is a black plastic frame around the base of the shifter that pulls up and out of there. Once those two screws and the frame have been removed the console piece will snap up from around the shifter. You'll need to grab the wood trim on both sides of the shifter and unsnap it straight up. Sometimes this can be done with your hands, other times we have used a tool to gently pry it up so your fingers can get a better grip under it. Once the part of the trim that surrounds the shifter is unsnapped, it will easily unsnap from around the stereo. This will then expose the the two screws that hold in the radio on the bottom/rear of the unit (behind the ashtray that moved when you moved console piece). Then slide the stereo forward and out of the mount, unplug the connectors, use pliers to squeeze the plastic wire wrap out of the metal hole so it releases the stereo completely.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Start by removing the two Phillips screws that are in the storage compartment (under the ash tray) right in front of the shifter. Then there is a black plastic frame around the base of the shifter that pulls up and out of there. Once those two screws and the frame have been removed the console piece will snap up from around the shifter. You'll need to grab the wood trim on both sides of the shifter and unsnap it straight up. Sometimes this can be done with your hands, other times we have used a tool to gently pry it up so your fingers can get a better grip under it. Once the part of the trim that surrounds the shifter is unsnapped, it will easily unsnap from around the stereo. This will then expose the the two screws that hold in the radio on the bottom/rear of the unit (behind the ashtray that moved when you moved console piece). Then slide the stereo forward and out of the mount, unplug the connectors, use pliers to squeeze the plastic wire wrap out of the metal hole so it releases the stereo completely.
i did that and now the anti-theft thing killed my igition and the horn is going off. so now i cant start the car. know how to restart the brain of the car or the ECU?

·
has left.
4,454 Posts
i did that and now the anti-theft thing killed my igition and the horn is going off. so now i cant start the car. know how to restart the brain of the car or the ECU?
Does your car have an aftermarket alarm system? I'm willing to bet it does. I don't believe the stock alarm is capable of killing the ignition.

I'm not sure resetting the ECU will help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

INSTALLING SUB AMP PART 1
Your info on the bose system is very helpful, but i have a question. How do you hook-up the amp REM (remote to amp turn on) to OEM bose system. Do I just tap into the bose amp turn-on wire (A16 Yellow/White wire)?

INSTALLING SUB AMP PART 2
I am installing a sub and I am going to tap the rear speaker wire to run to my amp. Do I tap the speaker wire before they run to the bose amp or when they come out of the amp?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Your info on the bose system is very helpful, but i have a question. How do you hook-up the amp REM (remote to amp turn on) to OEM bose system. Do I just tap into the bose amp turn-on wire (A16 Yellow/White wire)?

I am installing a sub and I am going to tap the rear speaker wire to run to my amp. Do I tap the speaker wire before they run to the bose amp or when they come out of the amp?

·
has left.
4,454 Posts

yes.
before if you're using an RCA (thus pre-amped) connector

after if you're using a line-level input connector

·
Registered
1 Posts
Antenna,

Hi Chris,
Did you get help for ur antenna prob,cuz I do have the same prob with antenna diagram,I really appreciate if you have any clue for this prob ?
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am going to replace all 4 speakers in my 91 LS. I want them to be drop in speakers and not have to do any modifications. I guess I need to find 2ohm not the 4ohm. I see in the posts people having problems with the speaker not fitting.

Has anyone replaced them with a 2ohm that fit???
or maybe got a gr8 ebay deal??

What brand model # ect
Thanks

·
Call me Mister
688 Posts
I am going to replace all 4 speakers in my 91 LS. I want them to be drop in speakers and not have to do any modifications. I guess I need to find 2ohm not the 4ohm. I see in the posts people having problems with the speaker not fitting.

Has anyone replaced them with a 2ohm that fit???
or maybe got a gr8 ebay deal??

What brand model # ect
Thanks
All aftermarket speakers will require some work because the mounting holes are located differently, and typically the speaker basket sizes are different also. If you want drop-ins, your options are to have your existing speakers rebuilt, or you can purchase some OEM BOSE speakers to replace.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey thanks for the helpful thread but, Could someone expand some on installing a aftermarket sub and amp? I got a 95 Acura Legend with a OEM Standard Bose sound system so exactly how would I go about installing these. Oh yeah the subs are 2 JL 10" 150watts each. I haven't decided on an amp yet but it'll probably be around 300 watts and 2 channels but, any help on installing would be greatly appreciated.
-Jake

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hey! ALEXC, You Rock, nice job. I am new to the forum although I have owneda GS since 96. Gettin' another tomorrow! Problem with equipment is no one ever keeps there option list sheet. If you aren't the original owner you are usually [email protected]^#D. I wonder? Is ther a way to get that infor for each VIN? Something to ponder. Dig all these tech tips.

·
AKA Smartjay28
5,671 Posts
Hey thanks for the helpful thread but, Could someone expand some on installing a aftermarket sub and amp? I got a 95 Acura Legend with a OEM Standard Bose sound system so exactly how would I go about installing these. Oh yeah the subs are 2 JL 10" 150watts each. I haven't decided on an amp yet but it'll probably be around 300 watts and 2 channels but, any help on installing would be greatly appreciated.
-Jake
are you planning to get an aftermarket head unit(radio)? if not, and depending on the amp, your gonna need an LOC(line output converter) it takes the signal off you speakers so you can have a RCA output for the amps. some amps have hi input, in this case, the LOC is built in your amp and you wont need an external LOC.

next is remote turn on wire. this is gonna be tapped off at the antenna in the trunk.
heres more detailed DIY

http://ww2.legendtuner.com:8080/LEGENDtuner/upgrades/subwoofer.html

·
Registered
14 Posts
are you planning to get an aftermarket head unit(radio)? if not, and depending on the amp, your gonna need an LOC(line output converter) it takes the signal off you speakers so you can have a RCA output for the amps. some amps have hi input, in this case, the LOC is built in your amp and you wont need an external LOC.

next is remote turn on wire. this is gonna be tapped off at the antenna in the trunk.
heres more detailed DIY

http://ww2.legendtuner.com:8080/LEGENDtuner/upgrades/subwoofer.html
Wow thanks you have no idea how much you helped me. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
23 Posts
adding CD to 91 L

I have a 2200 head unit and I'd like to know what is the simplest (cheapest?) way to add a CD player.
If I add a changer in the trunk I will also need a different head unit. Is that correct?
Are there any self-contained single-CD/stereos that will just replace my 2200?
Thanks!

·
has left.
4,454 Posts
Alpine MBUS compatible CD changer and MBUS to Acura wiring adapter is the simplest way. This will allow you to mount a 6 disc CD changer in the trunk using the factory pre-wiring.

Search it up. You can even use the AiNET MP3 CD changers these days as I understand - just won't get to read the song titles on your display.

Long story short: no new head unit needed.

101 - 120 of 178 Posts