Acura Legend Forum banner

161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
1991-1992 LS ------ Bose

Bose*
The Bose system uses the 2100 model AM/FM/Cassette tuner and an 80Wx4 (peak power) amplifier mounted behind the rear seat. The Bose speakers in this system present a 2 ohm load per channel, which the OEM amplifier is equipped to handle.

Replacing speakers in the Premium system
There are several brands which make 2 ohm speakers. The ones I know of are Soundstream and Image Dynamics. They can be difficult to find. The other option is to simply use regular 4 ohm speakers. The volume of the 4 ohm speakers will be half of what it should be due to the mismatched resistance. If you replace only the fronts, or only the rears, you can use the fader to compensate for the difference in volume between front and rear.
so, can't i get exactly the same ones with stock ones? I could not see their model number, all I know is the brand is bose :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
I see this thread is old but Im in abit of a hurry. I'll apologize in advance because Im sure my question has been asked 10 times before, but Im new..

I recently bought a 92 Legend LS sedan with the Bose 2100 stock stereo. Amazing car, and it will be alot of fun to work on. But unfortunately 3 of the 4 stock speakers are almost completely blown :/ I dont do very much audio work so I thought Id ask the experts

these front speakers
Amazon Search: "Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5-Inch 180-Watt High-Performance Two-Way Speakers"
& these rear speakers
Amazon Search: "Infinity Reference 9632cf 6x9-Inch, 300-Watt High Performance Two-Way Loudspeaker"

They claim to be 2ohm impedance but will these ^^^ speakers blow my stock amp? Sorry for not having a link, it wont let me until Im not a newbie. Thanks much

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I see this thread is old but Im in abit of a hurry. I'll apologize in advance because Im sure my question has been asked 10 times before, but Im new..

I recently bought a 92 Legend LS sedan with the Bose 2100 stock stereo. Amazing car, and it will be alot of fun to work on. But unfortunately 3 of the 4 stock speakers are almost completely blown :/ I dont do very much audio work so I thought Id ask the experts

these front speakers
Amazon Search: "Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5-Inch 180-Watt High-Performance Two-Way Speakers"
& these rear speakers
Amazon Search: "Infinity Reference 9632cf 6x9-Inch, 300-Watt High Performance Two-Way Loudspeaker"

They claim to be 2ohm impedance but will these ^^^ speakers blow my stock amp? Sorry for not having a link, it wont let me until Im not a newbie. Thanks much
they should be fine the 180 watt is only peak power so thats the max, if i remember right thats whats in my car but im not using the factory system. and if you dont mind me asking were you from in ohio ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
they should be fine the 180 watt is only peak power so thats the max, if i remember right thats whats in my car but im not using the factory system. and if you dont mind me asking were you from in ohio ?
Thanks for the quick response man! Im out east of Columbus, towards Newark. I'll give those a shot & post back after I work them out. Any other ideas are welcome

·
Registered
88 Posts
crutchfield has a pretty good reference list of what fits and whats best for your car. check them out.

NO I dont work for crutchfield.

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Im wondering if #1 I got a good amp and sub...amp-JL AUDIO JX250/1 250W RMS Monoblock JX Series Full-Range Car Amplifier and sub- JL Audio CS112-WXV2 12" Single 12WXv2-4 BassWedge Subwoofer+Enclosure Box for my 94 legend that has a pioneer head unit and stock bose speakers? also Im wondering about the amp install kit, do I need to get the Jl Audio amp kit or can I go with a cheaper brand, how will it sound, perform will it damage? Im new at this so I read your faqs which helped can you give me any extra insight?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Will a 1992 ls amp work in a 1993 ls stereo

Hello,
Will an amp from a 1992 LS work in a 1993 LS stereo? Both are sedan models.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the standard L trim and am looking to upgrade to the premium Bose.

I realize that I'll need the head unit, 2-door amp and speakers (2 ohm).

Do the front door speakers have a tuned ABS plastic enclosure in the LS Coupe? Or do they free-air like the L?

161 - 178 of 178 Posts