Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Looks like I'll start coming here more often, at least that dumbass in the other forums hasn't found this place :)

Anyways,

I just got my G2 not too long ago, the steering wheel feels a little soft, and the pedals stiff. Just wondering if this is normal. My last car was a G1 and it wasn't like this, so I'm just trying to make sure everything is working right before the warranty runs out!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
G2

well ihavent driven a G1 befor but im sure its normal they peddel is stiffer the car is faster. i dono what u mean by the steering wheel feels soft though

·
Registered
56 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
Hello Everyone,

I just got my G2 not too long ago, the steering wheel feels a little soft, and the pedals stiff.
I don't understand what you mean by soft. Is it that it feels sqooshy? Cuz my friends Maxima felt like that.

Congrats on the car thogh.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the G1 had a lot of feedback, the steering wheel was nice and tight at lower speeds. This one is very "loose" so to say, I can't tell if the tires are turning! :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
G2's have speed sensative steering. At low speeds, especially in the parking lot, you have to turn the wheel quite a bit to make it turn. As your speeds increase the steering gets "tighter" so less turning is required. Accelerate through a long turn and you will understand what I am talking about. You will have to correct your steering by allowing the wheel to come more "centered" from the inital turn in.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
t

the G2 have alot of play in the steering at low speeds. i put 18in rims and lowered it and now its responsive as hell. just do that haha u will be very very happy

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LegendC is on a roll with my posts. :)

The G1 also has Speed Sensitive Steering..... I think I figured it out, the G1's system is the same, but is just a little more tighter at the lower speeds.. then it tightens a lot more at freeway speeds. I think on the G2, they decided it was better to make it smoother at lower speeds.

I have to get used to it now, considering I don't feel the "feedback" during the turns, I had grown to rely on. The G1 was my first car, so I guess speed sensitive steering in these Legends spoiled me ::D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
You might not have seen him if you have not been to the old boards in the past few days. His user name is something like "TooCool4u-----&GT", or something like that. He is a true idiot. He calims to have a gold legend, but get this, its a 4dr coupe "l or LS or lls or something."

And he wants 22" rims, gold engine paint, a sunroof and the whole nine yards. I think he is a legend hater... [email protected] moron if you ask me.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: actually

LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:
Cody is right....when I bought the sedan a few months ago, I realized how smooth they are...that is purposely done.....drive 70+mph, it's tighter. Put aftermarket wheels and some grippy rubber, and you WILL feel it....coupe or sedan. I like:D

BTW...who's bothering you?
Yeah I took it down some twisty roads today, love it now, don't forget I have 15" wheels on my GS Sedan :(

I'm planning on 17" Konig Tantrums, can't find the right size Kumho tires for them on the web :mad:

and the insurance just sucked all the money away from me, gotta wait a while!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts