Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know bolts wires and nuts but does anyone got any manual pics? or any tips? it is the powered one
thanks again guys

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, check the service manual
my manual is at home and i cant ever get that online to work :(

remove the airbag and unplug everything from the clockspring and remove the center bolt.
sweet thanks but i wanna put this in my sedan which currently only has the lever operated one do you know what all is involved with that ?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
really my manuel one only goes in and out from what i saw it appeared the auto one wnet up down and in and out ? thanks for the advice man

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
It is pretty straight forward:
1. straighten/center front wheels
2. Remove neg battery cable
3. remove covers on sides and under steering wheel only
4. unplug airbag and put the red plug on the airbag
5. remove torx screws holding airbag in place and remove airbag
6. unplug all electrical connectors
7. remove nut that holds steering wheel on (best done with impact wrench)

put new wheel on and do above in reverse order.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
he's talking about going from basic telescoping to power tilt..

i believe its a pretty major mod.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah my bad about that first and for most im getting the wheel off a guy after work and its a hour and a half drive to get to it so i just wanna jump in rip it out and roll my tired but home. So "ari one" Thanks a million and i will tackle the swap later Thank you all !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
oh shit well forget what I said I thought you just wanted to remove the steering wheel. If your trying to go from manual to electric tilt. then yeah that isn't so easy.

You will need the complete wiring harness, relays, new steering column it is some work. Look up SR5GUY he has some info on it, which shows a shit load of wires too.

Very misleading thread title.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.