Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I do think that our G2 Legend sedan seats our very comfortable...but....maybe temporarily...

I find on like hour long trips my lower back hurts...I've tried using the little lumbar handle pump but it still somewhat hurts...

I don't have back problems normally either...One of my friends was complaining during a 3.5 hour trip the other day....

I know if you are in any car for a long time you will get uncomfortable but...does anyone else experience this in your G2?

Also, at one of the meets, I sat in a G2 coupe, and it felt a lot more comfortable than the sedans...

·
Registered
760 Posts
i kinda have the same problem, but even on short trips. ive tried adjusting the lumbar support thingy too but it still hurts sometimes. its almost like its not enough support. just at the moment it feels good it clicks back and its "small" again.

maybe the seat padding is old and worn, you could try and replace it.

i know this doesnt help your problem on bit, but i just wanted to tell you i sorta have the same feeling.

-brandon

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, I have a G2 coupe and back problems also, but I haven't noticed the coupe seats making me uncomfortable. They are a little firm and tight fitting but my back usually feels fine. My wheel is also adjustable in and out and up and down so I can get a pretty good fit.
Maybe try some different positions or adjustments on yours.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Darkstar said:
i kinda have the same problem, but even on short trips. ive tried adjusting the lumbar support thingy too but it still hurts sometimes. its almost like its not enough support. just at the moment it feels good it clicks back and its "small" again.

maybe the seat padding is old and worn, you could try and replace it.

i know this doesnt help your problem on bit, but i just wanted to tell you i sorta have the same feeling.

-brandon
Ya, I do appreciate the reply....anyone else, don't hesitate to respond...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Well, maybe you all just need the proper adjustment, I never feel any backpain at all with my legend coupe seat, I don't know about sedan, but at least not bad at all in mine. I drove to MO from MA straight 20 hours, and it is OK, and I also drove from Atlanta straight to MA 20 hours with no problems too, so maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I also don't have back problems, but find my coupe's seats kinda uncomfy for trips over 2 hours. The little lumbar support bar doesn't ever seem to help either. It could be worse though.....

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
What "pump"? I haven't had problems with my seats, sometimes I do wish they held you in place better a little more though. Like during hard corners...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FutureX, Reach around, if you are sitting in your drivers seat and feel along the right inner side...kinda up from the center console...There should be a little lumbar lever...This might be just a feature for LS's but then again you have a GS which is an LS with better engine,rims....Hmmm...check it..

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I too have that same problem. I noticed that the lower part of the seat kinda sits out more which causes me to have to sit up rather than lay flat on the back of the seat which after awhile gets me pissed off. I tried messing with that little lumbar thingy but it doesnt help one bit.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
The coupe seats are different. I had a 4 door for a while and there seats are flat backek kinda and the coupe pretty much has a nice factory bucket seat that holds you in. its nice

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
Having both a sedan and a coupe in the past, there definitely is a difference between the two. I took my coupe on a couple trips with no aching back, legs or neck. Now when I took my sedan to S.C., about half way down, my back and neck started to hurt and I had to keep getting out of the car to stretch.

·
Registered
139 Posts
92legend said:
FutureX, Reach around, if you are sitting in your drivers seat and feel along the right inner side...kinda up from the center console...There should be a little lumbar lever...This might be just a feature for LS's but then again you have a GS which is an LS with better engine,rims....Hmmm...check it..
My L has this lever too. Personally, it doesn't help me very much.

The biggest difference I see between the coupe and sedan seats are the huge side bolsters that the coupes have. They really hold you in place nicely, and are gigantic compared to most cars.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I don't find the Coupe's seating uncomfortable during long trips, but my wife does. Perhaps she just wants to drive!! I have found that readjusting postions including lumbar every couple of hrs to be of benefit.

·
Registered
94 Posts
In the sedan the drivers seat is nice when you adjust it right, but when I sit in the passenger seat I cant get comfortable. Too little adjustment.

I was thinking of getting a next drivers seat and putting it in the passengers side, throwing the adjustment switches to the other side or front of the seat. So my passengers be comfy too.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I love my sedan seats! =) one of the nicest seats i've ever sat in, (next would be S2000 seats). ANd the gurls love em as well, especially when the heated backs come on =)

zol

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have the same problem with my seats on long trips from the Bay area to LA I have to pull in the gas station to stretch, the seats to me are too firm but not as firm as the ES300 man those are like sitting on a bench. Anyway I have to say that the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in was the Infinity QX4, man heaven.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
The lumbar support in the Legend sedan, at least, is pretty weak. I have a back problem, and long stretches of sitting in the car can get to me. I went out and bought a set of vinyl (looks like leather) seat covers that offer a little more support, but they're not perfect either.

Incidentally, the original owner of my car had to sell it because of his back. He moved on to a SUV.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had somewhat of the same issue, I got minds restuffed and repositioned, more in tuned with my back, my dad and I are tall people so it works very well for us, the seats are very very comfy now oh and also father had the lumber feature removed. Much better. Much.

·
Registered
299 Posts
My coupe's seats are very uncomfortable. The pads where my legs go cut off my circulation. I'm 6'5" and sometimes I think this car is one size too small for me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts