Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay all these years I've been on the forums no one's ever mentioned anything about the speaker size in the front of the G2 legends. I noticed this when I first got my old Coupe about two years ago. Everyone here says they're 6.5....Hmmm

Now the front speakers list in crutchfield and all other catalogs as 6.5. THIS ISN"T TRUE!! I WENT THROUGH TWO SETS finding that the mounting points are ay off and there's a 1/4 inch gap!! Any way, I finally ran into Pioneer's 6 3/4 inch speakers and they fit perfectly. Just thought i drop another note on out Weird audio setup. BEWARE :D --=Keith

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
KeithQNguyen said:
okay all these years I've been on the forums no one's ever mentioned anything about the speaker size in the front of the G2 legends. I noticed this when I first got my old Coupe about two years ago. Everyone here says they're 6.5....Hmmm

Now the front speakers list in crutchfield and all other catalogs as 6.5. THIS ISN"T TRUE!! I WENT THROUGH TWO SETS finding that the mounting points are ay off and there's a 1/4 inch gap!! Any way, I finally ran into Pioneer's 6 3/4 inch speakers and they fit perfectly. Just thought i drop another note on out Weird audio setup. BEWARE :D --=Keith
Acutally the speaker size on the Legend is called 6.5S The "S" stands for oversized. But 6.5S and 6 3/4 are the same size, just some manufactures call them 6.5, that's where all the confusion came from.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Wonder.... Again no one every mentioned this. I hate it cuz every one sayd no 6.5 is the one 6.5 and I'm like what about thet 6.75 and everyone looks at me like i'm crazy!! :p ANy wayz checked it out and works fine --=Keith

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LegendLuv, Yea the rear is an exact fit. I've gone through two sets and speakers and they both fit well. Good luck --=Keith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.