Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
why alot of you guys say that the g35 rims dont fit on the legends??

ive seen acura rsx oem rims on the legends

and ive seen g35 oem rims on the rsx. so that means to me that the g35 wheels should fit on the legends.

here are the 19s but im interested in seeing the 18s

here the tl rims

·
B anned (SIKE!!!)
1,964 Posts
Funny thing about the RSX is that its front wheel drive and doesnt come stock with a "staggered" setup. Usually meaning lower offset and wider wheel in the rears than the fronts...

Did you ever think of that???

·
Banned
14,938 Posts
/\ actually they do come stag, but not all.

what are the specs on the G35 rims?

RSX wheels on a legend and TL wheels on a legend already stick out (rsx more then TL) while not sticking out on a TL. so your logic is flawed. b/c the TL and RSX wheels BEARLY fit our cars. meanwhile the G35 rims bearly fit a RSX and TL.

so altough they might fit, they aren't the best fit in the world. lowered you would rub. maybe even not lowered depending on the tire setup

·
Registered
393 Posts
I did allot of research on the G35 COUPE rims, and found that they would not fit.

PS. Is that your car in your signature? There is a guy in Calgary selling his legend (spartacus' old coupe) with the same picture.

·
Banned
14,938 Posts
stretch the tires more, dial in more camber, roll fenders more. ;)
can't roll the fenders past already rolled unless you are widening the fenders. camber only goes to far, and same with tires. you don't to go so far its ruining your performance too. Also tell me how you plan on achiving more camber in the rear? unless you are lowering the car, which would increase the chance/rubbing of the tires on the fender as you slice thru your tires with the body....

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
can't do it...G35 rim offset is 30mm...way too low (pushed out too far) for our cars...not only will it look horrible, but you'll be putting unneeded stress on your balljoints, tie rods, axles, etc...

·
Banned
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
/\ actually they do come stag, but not all.

what are the specs on the G35 rims?

RSX wheels on a legend and TL wheels on a legend already stick out (rsx more then TL) while not sticking out on a TL. so your logic is flawed. b/c the TL and RSX wheels BEARLY fit our cars. meanwhile the G35 rims bearly fit a RSX and TL.

so altough they might fit, they aren't the best fit in the world. lowered you would rub. maybe even not lowered depending on the tire setup
take a look at the tl rims on the lengend and the g35 rims on the rsx. they stickout the same.

the way i see it with a nice drop and rolled fenders and non-staggered tires since all the rims are the same size this would work.

·
Banned
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
anyone has pics of the 18s?? cant seem to find any on a honda.

well heres another set of the 19s which i think looks good once he changes the tire size and drops it more and roll the arches.. but i like the 18in spokes better.

·
B anned (SIKE!!!)
1,964 Posts
RSX wheels dont stick out on RSXs but they do stick out a shit load in our Legends.... The G35 wheels stick out in the RSX so just imagine a G35 wheel on a Legend... Itll stick out horribly.

·
Banned
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RSX wheels dont stick out on RSXs but they do stick out a shit load in our Legends.... The G35 wheels stick out in the RSX so just imagine a G35 wheel on a Legend... Itll stick out horribly.
they dont stick out alot on that rsx. plus he has the wrong tire size and the car is not evn lowered or arches rolled and those are the 19s. so the 18x8 since these are not staggered should be way less of a prb.

·
Banned
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
why alot of you guys say that the g35 rims dont fit on the legends??

ive seen acura rsx oem rims on the legends

and ive seen g35 oem rims on the rsx. so that means to me that the g35 wheels should fit on the legends.

here are the 19s but im interested in seeing the 18s

here the tl rims

same little poke to me plus its the wrong size tires and no drop or roll. so of course there going to look off.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.