·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

busy now... will post more later.

·
Registered
689 Posts
WOW! those look really really good. how did you do that?

·
Registered
50 Posts
those were the guages off of procarparts.com, correct??? And one more thing, which needles did you take off, and which ones didn't you??? I ahve my guages lying around here and am taking them to get installed this week, and i need to know how to tell them to install them. Thankyou very much,

P.S. The needles look great, did you do that yourself?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
u dont have to take ne of the needles off. dont try to either. the two on the right calabrate by themselves when the car is on. The same w/ the tach. however, the speedo... i fuxed up and like the 0 went all the way down but my dad is a mechanic and he fixed it by just messing w/ the stuff behind the needle. (member when i was going crazy in the aim chatroom guys...)

anyhow, i had problems slipping the gauges over the needles so i cut my gauges but i dont think u have to.

use double sided tape to tape the gauges on. works great. thin double sided tape

i'll try to make instructions later. im really busy now. there is a great site that i beleive futurex made that tells you the complete instructions step by step for paper gauges. if he didnt make it, he'll know the link. ask him.

·
Registered
50 Posts
hey,
were those pictures with the lights from the guages on or off????

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for some reason, the headlight/tailight fuses or whatever wont handle the power cable for the gauges so i have em set for ACC or whatever so they are always on.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you install the guages yourself, and if so how long did it take?? Were there any fragile parts that you had to deal with when doing so???

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
takes a couple hrs i guess. there are many fragile parts, just be careful.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
For 5 speeds

I still do not get it in terms of reversing it for 5 speed manual Tranny config. How would it look?

got_horns, Can you dimm those? does the Dimm Knob affect them?

In other words, Are they always Bright?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, they are always bright, its cool like that. i was too lazy to install the knob and didnt see much use for a dimmer so i just set it at the brightness i wanted and threw it behind the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I see

I see. So can I get one for a 5 speed?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
u'll have that D/P/R ****

·
Registered
50 Posts
I cant decide what i want to do.... I dont know if it is worth having this one import shop mess with installing them considering they have only installed templates a few times (big risk with having them fu** it up) or not installing them at all and selling them to my friend?????

·
Registered
602 Posts
I would do it myself if I were you. Just follow what ppl have said and be careful. It's not that hard to do, just time consuming to do it right. BTW, How much did you get your gauges for?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
C25A1guy said:
How do they look at night?
good. look @ the tach on the second picture.

i payed 83 shipped or something because i bought it from procarparts when they first started selling 'em. get em cheaper on ebay.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts