Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 88 Coupe - Auto Trasn., w/167mi.. When you put the car in drive the S3 light blinks constantly, and I can't switch it to S4 the switch doesn't seem to be working. The car seems to shift fine not sticking in any gears. Has anyone had this problem?

One thing I've been told the car does need the front & rear motor monts replaced. I'm also going to replcae the transmission mount also.

· Registered
375 Posts
The flashing S3 is, I believe, an indicator that the transmission computer has found a problem. Search the forums for information on how to read the codes and troubleshoot.

· Banned
1,340 Posts
when my 88 sedan did that ( blinking s3 ) my tranny started to down shift and rev the engine in 3rd and 4th gear.i thought the auto tranny was toast but all i needed was a new throttle position sensor which i had to replace the whole throttlebody assembly because you can't replace just the sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.