Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum. I just bought a 92 Legend L with 48K miles on it. I'm very thrilled with the car.

Question: does the automatic gear selector have a light? Not the selection indicator in the dash, I'm talking about the actual gear selector between the seats. It doesn't light up when the lights are on and it seems like it should.

·
Registered
926 Posts
If you are talking about the P R N D S 2 next to your shifter they do light up on the g1 so I guess they should on yours too when you turn the lights on mine acts up sometimes, but I just tap the shifter a little bit and it comes on. I probably have a loose wire or something. Also make sure that you don't have the dimmer turned all the way down.

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
Yes, it does...

It does light up---the bulb is probably burned out. You just have to remove the console trim to get to it. It's a little tiny bulb in the bottom left corner of the "PRNDL plate".

·
Registered
513 Posts
yes it is supposed to light up...i just replaced my bulb for it like 3 weeks ago, pretty easy procedure, just need to remove the dash n a couple screws to get to it.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
LiasLegend said:
I see no light on my 94 Coupe L.... can any other coupe owners confirm this?
Yes, my old 91 L automatic Coupe had it, and my 95 LS automatic Coupe has it as well. The light will be toward the lower half of the shifter gate on the drivers side. It is a little twist bulb. You will see it as soon as you pull the balck plastic trim, but to actually hav enough space to remove and replace it, you will need to pull the entire center wood trim cousole panel off. If you don't visably see it, it could be that it was burn out before you got the car, and the owner simply pulled in and never put it back, so it is dangling around somewhere under the console panel.

·
Registered
847 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
where can u get that blulb??? i need the 2 small overhead bulbs for my dash..................
from the dealer:D
They are really cheap, and there are alternatives that dealers stock if they don't have the one specific for Legends. I believe one of bulbs that I got is actually from TL or something. Just note if they give you substitutions, you'll have to carefully pull the bulbs out of the socket that it comes with.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just replaced the two dash lights today. Follow the procedures to take the guages out (found in the DIY section on www.legend.ac, last one in DIY section) and there are two small black sockets. pull the old bulbs and put the new one in. If you are just replacing these it's not necessary to pull the whole cluster, just unscrew it and tilt it forward. I used bulbs from Autozone (Sylvania, #74) for that, they are a little oversize but work. Hope this helps.

Does anyone know what types of bulbs to get to make the guages red and blue like the ones on Pleasure Legend?

·
Registered
847 Posts
ATL_LEGEND said:

Does anyone know what types of bulbs to get to make the guages red and blue like the ones on Pleasure Legend?
They used Red Bulb Spray Paint to make the overhead bulb red and used Raybrig Blue Bulbs for the gauges. I've talked to a Japanese shop about the possibility of bringing in those bulbs for us, but have since then gotten too busy to go back and talk to them. There are a few other colors available from Raybrig.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I had to change my gear selector bulb and my dash overhead bulbs also. I went to autozone or pepboys and got the "European style replacement bulbs" (can't recall the numbers) but they look very similiar (a bit fatter) than the stock bulbs. They fit/work fine with no problems.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
hey guys, I just tried to change that bulb next to the shifter, I put in a brand new bulb and it still doesn't work
I looked at the old bulb and the filament is still in tact, what else could cause it not to light up? Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
hm.. about those bulbs can you replace them with those orange one, like the newer cars. it would look nice. ALL AROUND THE DASH AND THE SHIFTER. do they even make it orange? How about hyperwhite?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts