Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a way to test the fans? besides just letting the car run?
and where are the fans fuses.

im asking this question because my fans NEVER turn on ever since i flushed the coolant system. Ive had it in my mind that maybe my car doesnt need it to turn on so it just doesnt because the car isnt over heating in anyway.

but its been so long since ive heard the fans come on when i turn the car off..

anyone have similar problem? i just dont want to sit around wondering when the fans will turn on......

·
Registered
197 Posts
i've had this problem to i would never hear my fans work but they came on the other day all out of random and this was after a few days after i played with the fuse box so idk if i moved anything or it was just fate that they turned on but i'm with him how do i check for that

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
#1 - Turn on the A/C, do the fans come on?
#2 - Unplug the sensor at the bottom of the radiator and jump it with a paper clip, do the fans come on?
#3 - If you leave the car running on a warm day for over 5 min, do the fans come on?

If you tried 1-3 and the fans dont turn on

Swap the relays in the fuse box (located in the black box beside the radiator; search for swapping fan relay DIY) and see if the fans start running once the car is warm.

If all else fails, take out the fan control unit (located under the ECU), take it apart and check for cracked solder joints.

Another culprit can be the temp sensor located near the throttle body.

·
FIXER
1,720 Posts
The fans only come on after you turn the engine off iif the oil temp gets too high(above 192F). Mine only does this in the hottest summer months.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the a/c fans work..

unless my a/c is that powerful that the fans dont even need to work... which is impossible..

i guess ever since i flushed the coolant with new coolant the engine temp never really hit that high of a temp

i just need constant reminder that my car wont blow up... thats all.. im just insecure :p

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Are both fans supposed to come on at all times? I've noticed that only one of my fans come on. I've never seen both of them on.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
both of mine have been coming on a lot lately. I just had my BHG fixed too.

Both my fans are almost always on now, and stay on when i turn off and park.

·
I luv ur girl...
452 Posts
few weeks ago my fans worked their ass off...now i changed my thermostat yesterday and now i noticed that the fans dont turn on, i'm gonna get it looked at tomorrow anyway so i'll mention it to him.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Are both fans supposed to come on at all times? I've noticed that only one of my fans come on. I've never seen both of them on.
Yup, both fans will come on at the same time as soon as AC on - mine does.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.