Acura Legend Forum banner

What color should I choose?

• Zex Nitrous Purple

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Deep Blue Metallic

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Amethyst Black

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Or your opition, please specify with a reply.

Votes: 2 11.1%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Give me some input...pick one of mine or specify and possibly show me a pic. And before anyone says it I'm not painting it like Alexander's..that's his Baby and shant be copied by me. Do keep in mind my ride is a show car and I attend numerous Japanese shows, so I need something unique. Thanks, Jrock

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Well there are some really nice factory colors. Rare ones seem to be phantom grey pearl, canterbury green (spruce), the 91 red (not milano) that I can't remember the name of.

With a car like the Legend, I think "wild" paint jobs are a disservice. A well done factory color with custom touches would be the way to go. But then again, I'm old enough to be most peoples fathers.

Find something you like and have one panel done (like the hood/bonnet). If it meets your expectations, finish the car. Otherwise you're just out one panel. Not a cheap way to go, but cheaper than a complete repaint.

·
ƒŒƒWƒFƒ“ƒh
1,573 Posts
If you want a paint job that will set you apart in the show scene, get a color called Majiora Galaxy II, its a deep blue metalic paint that changes colors in the sunlight. And at night when light hits the paint it sparkles and seems to suck in the light. A guy i knew who lives in Japan had his r33 skyline painted this color, its rare there and he wrecked his car. So you wont have to worry about meeting him on the street one day... lol.

D.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The only correct way to repaint a vehicle a different color, esp if it is to be a "show" vehicle is to almost gut the vehicle. You will need to remove and repaint bumpers, hood (exterior/interior, fenders, trunk (exterior/interior), doors (entire shell),and paint the body hood, trunk and door openings, radiator support and inner wheelhouse/rail/extension as well as remove everything in the engine bay to refinish the cowl. Other than that, the repaint will look very unprofessional. Every bit of surface now visible, including when the doors, trunk and hood are open, must be repainted the new color.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey fellas, I'm very well versed on "how" just looking for color options. I've been in the show car seen fo almost 9 years, and my Japanese magazine apprearances speak for themselves. I appreciate the comments but lets just keep this to color choices. Thanks, Jason

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.