Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a set of jackstands and a hydrolic lift with 3 ton support, how do u jack the car up then put in the stand? For example i want the jack stands to prop the front of the car up, if i jack up one side in the "jack support spot" how am i supposed to get the stand in that spot also??? help!!!!!!!!!!! are there other spots under the car capable of supporting weight other then the 4 spots in the manual??

·
Registered
397 Posts
I heard you can lift from the oil pan long enough to put it on jack stands, but don't take it from me, I don't change my oil. ;)

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Roger said:
i have a set of jackstands and a hydrolic lift with 3 ton support, how do u jack the car up then put in the stand? For example i want the jack stands to prop the front of the car up, if i jack up one side in the "jack support spot" how am i supposed to get the stand in that spot also??? help!!!!!!!!!!! are there other spots under the car capable of supporting weight other then the 4 spots in the manual??
On the G1's (you probably have a G2 :( ), pick up either end of the car by placing the jack pad under the "tow hook".

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:
I heard you can lift from the oil pan long enough to put it on jack stands, but don't take it from me, I don't change my oil. ;)
Don't even attempt this. :mad:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ay, you saw what I said after. I do electrical mods, lights, indiglo, stereo, remote starter, etc. No mechanical, don't even change my own oil. Not ashamed!!!:D

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:
whoa nellie!!!!!!!!
quick question...why would one want to jack the car with the oil pan if the stand will be in the way when you take the plug out???

:D :D :D

you can jack from the front crossmember/ tow hook.... you can even jack on the frame next to the jackpoints, just be sure that the jack is lifting on the frame & not anything else.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
I use the front the rear tow hooks to jack the car up and put my jack stands in. The rear tow hook is right in the middle, so you only need to jack it up once for both sides in the rear. The front is located on either end of the car. I don't use the center one as there is not enough room to get my hydrolic jack base plate in that area.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
For the front, I use a cross bar of sorts just aft of the splash guard. This is located in the middle, so you'd only need jack it up once to get both sides of the front up.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Manual shows using front and rear tow hooks as jack points. Works fine for me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
RICDOGG said:

whoa nellie!!!!!!!!
quick question...why would one want to jack the car with the oil pan if the stand will be in the way when you take the plug out???
uhh Ricdogg, I don't change my own oil. I thought I said that earlier;)

·
Registered
583 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:

uhh Ricdogg, I don't change my own oil. I thought I said that earlier;)
and in defence of Rdog,
why you jackin on your car if you can't change oil?:D (joke)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I cannot even jack up the rear

I swaped Wheels the other day and the Location where you supposed to use the Jack (metal rectangle) I put a jack there and while jacking the car up I hear "crack" The underbody is rusted so bad. I had to drop the car and relocate a better spot. (not under the Seats)

Always look under your car for the strong save spot to use jacks and Jack Stand.

One more thing. I always put a spare tire or the tire I removed from the car under the car If It is jacked up just in case the jack fails, A tire will help break the fall or buy you some time to get your Ass out of the bottom of the car.

I sometimes use a Block (cement) to support it just in case.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Bukowski=Legend said:

and in defence of Rdog,
why you jackin on your car if you can't change oil?:D (joke)
C'mon Buk, YOU KNOW, freshinin up the Caliper paint, cleanin' the back side of the rims to the "T". I'm no mechanical whiz like you Buk :D , so I've got to get the rims TIGHT!!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I never paid for an oil change

I never in my life paid for oil change. 17$-25$

$13 gets you a Case of OIL
5$-7$ gets you a oil filter

you end up with Extra oil for the next time with this example.

Its really not hard at all. Trust me. I was replacing my oil back in the days and this girl from accross my hous came by and ask me to show her. Yep I said she said show here how to change her oil.
I showed her how and I say her do it herself. I was like wow. She look good too! We still cool but I think she have not time now.

G

·
I have to do this at school, but haven't had to do this since I lowered my car, not sure if it will still work. What I do though is prop the car up using a floor jack on the front towing hook. Then I just slide the hydraulic jack under neath my car and use the four support points. Works great.

·
Registered
583 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:

C'mon Buk, YOU KNOW, freshinin up the Caliper paint, cleanin' the back side of the rims to the "T". I'm no mechanical whiz like you Buk :D , so I've got to get the rims TIGHT!!! :cool:
:D Yeah, you can tell by your clean azz ride. Looks great man, keep up the good work.
I always have a hard time cleaning, because I'm always getting it dirty the next day addin new gear and wrenchin on it...:D

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
The most common place is under the suspension A-arms. Jack stands are pretty high, so it's better if you have two jacks so that you can lift the car evenly. I actually lift on the jack point under the body behind the front wheel, and then put the stand under the crossmember, just inside of where the lower control arm mounts. This is good for two reasons. 1, my jack wont fit under my car, so I have to use the outside jack point (in fact I have to jack up the rear a bit to even get the jack under the front mount). And 2, because of the angle the car sits when its up, you don't have to jack it up as high when using the jack spot to get the front end up enough to put the stands under the suspension.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts