Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea, so the back right speaker in my 95 lengend blew and makes a really loud wit the rest of my system. And i am too cheap to buy anoher speaker, unless anyone knows a cheap place? But yea, i was jus looking for how to get to that speaker and cut or unplug the speaker without pulling out the head unit.

Alright, thanks

· Registered
2,249 Posts
To get to the speaker and wires - just use a dull flat object (butter knife or flathead screwdriver) and firmly but gently pry off the rear speaker covers and expose the speakers. The screws are there and you can remove the speaker.

Why dont you go to Pep boys (or some other auto store that sells accessories) and get a set of Pioneer Dual Cone 6x9's for the rear - they are about 30watts a piece and they sound great if you just want an inexpensive replacement set. The will probably run around 30 bucks - or any sound store (circuit City, Best buy, etc...) with a variety of auto speakers and compare prices and sound and quality. I am sure you will find a decent set for your car

The worked for me until I upgraded to a sub and amp set up. If you cut out one speaker the Acura Bose system is set up as such that you wont like what you hear with a missing speaker.

· L4K3R5 F4N
1,207 Posts
Regniffet said:
To get to the speaker and wires - just use a dull flat object (butter knife or flathead screwdriver) and firmly but gently pry off the rear speaker covers and expose the speakers. The screws are there and you can remove the speaker.
Don't do that with a coupe. I don't know which body style you have, but if you try to pry off the grills on the coupe, you'll end up breaking the tabs. For the sedan, this is the proper method. However, on the coupe you have to pry up the entire rear deck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.