Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hahah. not rly. my friends a little biiiach.
he keeps smack talking about his 96 Maxima base model, and how he will own my azz in a race. I have a 91 LS with no performance mods.. Im not really going to race him, because I respect my car :p teheheheheh.. but I mean what could be the possible outcome?

·
Registered
334 Posts
easy beat, although i got a few mods on my car.

those cars are shit. ive raced them and owned them

·
Registered
380 Posts
yeah those maximas were not made like our supremo legends were you could own him

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Here's one:

My bitch ass friend Keeps making fun of my 1992 LS coupe (5 speed) and said its old and slow. so i get pissed of and tell him that his base 2001 3.2 TL (auto) is nothing more than an upscale Accord with a bigger motor and is slower than the Legend. To make a long story short, were taking it to the track and there are like 15 of my friends betting on me to win. (its like a $200 pot) Do i stand a chance or should i bet on him?

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
Legend > any maxima older than 02

Legend > 99-03 TL (not type S)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
so i have a chance. There would be no greater feeling then to shut his bitch mouth up by making him stare at the ass end of a 16 year old Acura. Oh.. and VTEC, Which i thought was so great, is nothing more than an economy booster. All it does is allow the motor to only open the valves partially at Low rps for more torque and fuel economy, then when you rev them out it allows th valves to open completely and changes the timimg so it runs at full capasity. It is way overrated, it makes noise, burns oil, and does a whole lotta nothing. I have it in my other car, and after driving the Legend i realize what a load of crap it is.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there are diff types of VTEC though.. .. the ones they put on the accords and tl are the economy ones.. the ones they shove in the prelude,itr,s2k are tooootaaallly diff

·
Find Em Fuck Em Forget Em
922 Posts
My bitch ass friend Keeps making fun of my 1992 LS coupe (5 speed) and said its old and slow. so i get pissed of and tell him that his base 2001 3.2 TL (auto) is nothing more than an upscale Accord with a bigger motor and is slower than the Legend. To make a long story short, were taking it to the track and there are like 15 of my friends betting on me to win. (its like a $200 pot) Do i stand a chance or should i bet on him?
Man you have some bitch ass friends...why are they your friends? Do any of your friends have a nitrous kit they can loan you for a few minutes? That's what we do around here. I have a whore kit that goes on every grudge racer I can find. It's fun as hell...to really rape the trash talker...and they never ever have to know. :yes:

so i have a chance. There would be no greater feeling then to shut his bitch mouth up by making him stare at the ass end of a 16 year old Acura. Oh.. and VTEC, Which i thought was so great, is nothing more than an economy booster. All it does is allow the motor to only open the valves partially at Low rps for more torque and fuel economy, then when you rev them out it allows th valves to open completely and changes the timimg so it runs at full capasity. It is way overrated, it makes noise, burns oil, and does a whole lotta nothing. I have it in my other car, and after driving the Legend i realize what a load of crap it is.
My '05 TL doesn't have no stinking load of crap economy VTEC. I am surprised that such a sentiment is coming from a glorified honda driver (face it, they don't even call 'em Acura in Japan). In fact the reason they developed VTEC was to have a conservative, well mannered cam profile down low in the 'everyday' rpm band and a really evil cam profile for that top 3k rpm! Yeah there's single cam VTEC and all kinds of variants but let me make things simple...when I drive the TL I say :woot:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts