Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking out of the student parking lot the other day and i heard this trans am rev the hell out of its engine and it sounded to loud! i was like dam i want my legend to do that. then i saw a pick up drive by and it did the same thing. is that just from air intake/exhaust or is it cuz their engine is massive? will air intake/cold air box do that for my engine? thanks guys

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
An intake will do that. Not like a Pickup truck with a big V8, but it will make a nice (not rice) throaty growl when you push it past the 4000rpm mark. I have a couple of friends with civics and they both have intakes..... music to my ears. Much better than the bumble bee exhaust:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I agree:) Thats music to your ears alright.....

Our you could just get that thing that NickD (I think) posted. Its a speaker that goes under your hood and makes the sound of a turbocharger. Pretty Rice IMO...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol straight, i'm gonna have to get an intake now, that growl is awesome, definitely a head turner =) whats better for the money, importtoys or weapon r? i thinkin of getting cold air too

·
Registered
347 Posts
intake better than exhaust

Yeah, I prefer the sound of an intake to an exhaust - partic those huge fart pipes bolted onto four-bangers - they sound harsh and the amount of noise never seems justifed by how fast those little road mosquito go (Im thinking partic. about cosmetic modded lancers and hyundai excells- uurgh)
As the throttle body opens up in my g1 under load the sound is unbelievable! prob. the only drawback is the audible sucking sound on cold starts - engine sounds a little rough as the throttle opens and closes, but when it's warm its a gentle purr at idle which sounds stock.
My mileage has definately gone up with the intake (been on for ~ 2 weeks now), and thats even with the ineveitable revving the shyte out of it to hear the intake).

rich

·
Registered
126 Posts
Modded up Excel

Why the F*** any one would mod up an Excel I have no Idea, Bloody stoopid car
Spend the same money and have a Modded up Legend! :D

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
Danger69, to answer your question, an intake is basically a pipe and a filter, and so the best deal is the one with the best price, IMO. You can also do cold air, which will add more horses than a regular intake. If you want the importtoys, which i have, go to their website ( importtoys.com ), and email them, attn Marcus. and mention that you are on this board, i used paypal and mine arrived 8 days after i began the order. good service and good guys, Leo at Weapon-r hasnt been as helpful with customer service. and i think importtoys is comin out with cold air this summer, or at least thats what marcus told me the last time i talked to him. (2 months). sorry for the long post
peace
Tnelson

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys for the posts, i went on to weapon r's website and downloaded their videos of the intake and ram air intake, and i like the sound! but the ram air seems like its a lot louder and deeper, is this true? or is it basically a cheap cold air system? i like the dragon intake but 175 seems like a lot for a pipe and a filter. tell me what u guys think

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dam thats wierd, how can they make a ram air kit for a car that doesn't even fit....anways, i'll probly get the importtoys one =) $89 is pretty cheap. hey hurricane legend, u from miami?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
danger69 said:
dam thats wierd, how can they make a ram air kit for a car that doesn't even fit....anways, i'll probly get the importtoys one =) $89 is pretty cheap. hey hurricane legend, u from miami?
it is universal...hence the reason it wont work.

The guys from Import Toys are LLCC members too...they are legit...go for it. Dave c and many others have received merchandise from them...ask for Marcus...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cool man, when i get $$ to mod up my car we should meet up somewhere, maybe we could race some ricers and get a good laugh lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lmao, today i was drivin by the falls (i dunno if u know where that is) there was a modded up m3 driving next to me and i decided to race him for a lil bit around this street that curves around for a long while, i stayed with him pretty close, but i eased off at 70 something (even though i closed in to about 1/2 car length) cuz his car was lowered and mine isn't and i was afraid i'd lose control. lol, not too bad for a stock legend =)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts