Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Glove Box is broken in my 90 Coupe. Its been broke since I got the car so i don't know how to fix it the bottom part of the box when closed falls down but it stays clipped. the clips on the the bottom of the box are only half circles and looks broken?? its pretty hard to explain any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same prob. in mine. Exactly the same. My Legend is in the shop right now getting a new bumper and fixing a freon leak. The guy is fixing the glove box too. So, I will tell you what's wrong, and explain to you how to fix it. OK? I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use two 2" door hinges

Mine also broke so I use two 2" door hinges. I drill to the glove box and use the the exit holes under the dash. I tried double side tape but it too weaks.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hey I've got the same problem as well. Good idea lt_trinh, I think I'll try that. thanks!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Glove box fix - paper clip hinges

use a large paper clip and thread it thru the hinge and drill 2 small holes back into the glove box-on either side of the hinge then thread teh clip wire ends comming out either side of the inge back thru the 2 holes into the inside of the dash and twist the ends together from the inside of the box-
works well-

·
Registered
282 Posts
clip wire perfect diameter

what ever wire you use -fit it thru teh hollow hinges adn back into the gloverbox -do this with the box out of the car- then re-install it -

dave

·
Registered
427 Posts
Re: clip wire perfect diameter

dgenchi said:
what ever wire you use -fit it thru teh hollow hinges adn back into the gloverbox -do this with the box out of the car- then re-install it -

dave
wow that sounds like a good idea, good one, i'll examine mine and see i hat will work. i\m guessing i need some very strong wires.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had this same problem after an ex-girlfriend kicked my f*cking glove box hard enough to break the clips under it... You can use pretty much any hinge/screw combination that will hold your glove box up.

Another alternative is to pick up another glove box at a junk yard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.