Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think? Is it true? I heard it over at HondaHookup.

Rumors are, that GM will be supplying Honda with V8s, while Honda will supply them with V6s. Now, I had heard before that Honda was going to be developing a V6 for Saturn (somewhere in the neighborhood of 240HP) ... Is Saturn, owned by GM?

Don't forget Honda has "leased" out it's engines before, such as with the Sterling 800 series.

I kind of wanted to see Honda develop their own V8s, what do you all think?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Yes, Saturn is GM and Honda does have a V8 they use in CART. Honda has just developed a new V8 and I belive it went into the final stages of testing this past December. This new V8 is suppose to be used for their passenger cars.

I have heard in the past about the Honda V6 for GM V8 trade...

http://www.edmunds.com/news/column/motorcitymusings/43053/article.html

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Well.... you can never go wrong with a chev pushrod V8... they put out alot of juice. I know it would be cool for honda to have their own V8, but think of it this way...

Take the Chev 350... a very common engine in many models right from the 70's until now. Its also a very powerful engine that comes in many different styles...That has to be one of the most tuneable engines that you can have, next to a 5.0L mustang engine. For you guys that want to beef up your engine... imagine the aftermarket support with a chev made engine... you can buy anything for those engines. And all of the stuff would probably be made right here in NA, so you would not have to search overseas for it=cheap$$$$.

On the flipside, a Honda V8 would be nice, only if it could produce the same snap-neck torque that the chev could. And it would also be nice for aftermarket support with a hightech engine like that as well (HEADERS!!:p )

Just my $.02:)

·
Registered
541 Posts
yea ive read about that plan too. Saturns having engines from honda doenst sound too bad. at least now Saturns will last longer!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Well Future:
I havent heard anything particularly about GM and honda, cant help u out much there. Sorry, However, i know that Saturn is made and owned by GM, along with what... Pontiac, Cadi :( , buick, olds (which is sposed to go under soon) gmc, chevy, Hummer, Opel, Holden, Saab, and Vauxhall. GM has contracts with Fugi/Subaru, Fiat, Isuzu, Suzuki!

its much better (IMO) then bookin a contract with ford. Who owns Volvo :( , Mazda, Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Land rover, and Jaguar! haha, but after this long post. yes, GM is offiliated with GM. Anyway, take care!!!

-Bryan

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
legend2die4 said:
Well Future:
I havent heard anything particularly about GM and honda, cant help u out much there. Sorry, However, i know that Saturn is made and owned by GM, along with what... Pontiac, Cadi :( , buick, olds (which is sposed to go under soon) gmc, chevy, Hummer, Opel, Holden, Saab, and Vauxhall. GM has contracts with Fugi/Subaru, Fiat, Isuzu, Suzuki!

its much better (IMO) then bookin a contract with ford. Who owns Volvo :( , Mazda, Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Land rover, and Jaguar! haha, but after this long post. yes, GM is offiliated with GM. Anyway, take care!!!

-Bryan
Did i miss something when did FORD aquire Mazda?????? Lincoln is ford's Luxery line, i remember when Ford got jaguar but i think BMW took that from them now,

·
Registered
847 Posts
yeah, Ford accquired Mazda.......

And Chrysler accquired Mitsubishi, that's why Mitsubishi can only confirm that they will stay in WRC at least until 2005.... sigh~

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
HATE_ME_NOW said:

Did i miss something when did FORD aquire Mazda?????? Lincoln is ford's Luxery line, i remember when Ford got jaguar but i think BMW took that from them now,
Ford:
Ford
Lincoln
Mercury
Mazda
Aston Martin
Jaguar
Land Rover

The Headquarters for all of those divisions except Ford is down the street from my house. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
gm and and honda co-own xm satellite radio, i promise!

G

·
It's kinda funny how all these other companies basically own eachother :p and then on the side there is Nissan/Infiniti and Honda/Acura doing their own thing.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
So Ford does own Land Rovers. No wonder them sh!ts spend so much time in the shop than on the road. Those cars breakdown so damm much that its a shame. Does anyone know who owns Rolls Royce??

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
Rolls Royce owns Rolls Royce (lol, i actually don't know)
LOL, I remember a friend of mines telling me something about either BMW owning them or some other company but I cant remember. I know Rolls Royce own Bentley but thats it.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Rolls-Royce Motors is actually owned by Volkswagen. :) The bid was between VW and BMW, and VW won out.

Also, as FutureX mentioned, Ford also owns Volvo. It is kinda weird coz I was looking in the engine compartment of a Jaguar S-Type and saw some Ford (labeled) parts. Actually, you can find "Ford" all over the car. :p

·
Registered
155 Posts
!?!!

GM engines in Hondas? It is indeed a cold day in hell.

In fact, I can just imagine Alexei being overcome with some terrible feeling, like Obi Wan Kenobi when Alderaan got blown up.

Sure, they might be powerful, and the Mustang 5.0 might be very tuneable. But its GM. *GM*. The same people who brought you, for example, the Beretta. Same people who can't seem to get 1hp out of a cubic inch.

I will pound my testicles with a ballpeen hammer before I touch a GM powered Honda.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
LOL:D

I hear ya..... my second car was a lumina and it was a POS. The beretta was a big flop as well... just like pretty much any other car on the road of theirs.. apparently the S10s (mid 90s) has to have its valves rebuilt after only 110 000km. Its crap I tell ya:)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a friend with a late 90s S10. It's at 80k miles and is already starting to fall apart. The fuel lines that go into the TBI started leaking. We pulled them out and they took the threads with them. We noticed the whole thing had a crack running through it anyway though. Once we pulled it out several pieces broke off. I don't know what kind of metal the unit was made of but it was very brittle and soft.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts