Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...or throw up, or break something. I don't even know right now. I just got my car back, from being repainted because they f'd it up the first time. Alot of you read my story last time, they got dirt in the paint. Offered to repaint it free in 30 days. So I took it back this week and obviously got another amatuer job. I still see dirt in the paint, again. Not only that, but after I left I noticed a big glob right on my hood. I had to rush across town to grab my kid from afterschool care before they closed or I would have been able to inspect it closer. I am literally sick to my stomach. Two paint jobs and the second is worse than the first! Right now, I am trying to figure out what I want to do about this. It will be repainted. They were really nice at the shop, but I can't take this anymore. I am so f*cking pissed off. I'm going to go cry now. Thanks for listening. :mad: :vomit: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
...or throw up, or break something. I don't even know right now. I just got my car back, from being repainted because they f'd it up the first time. Alot of you read my story last time, they got dirt in the paint. Offered to repaint it free in 30 days. So I took it back this week and obviously got another amatuer job. I still see dirt in the paint, again. Not only that, but after I left I noticed a big glob right on my hood. I had to rush across town to grab my kid from afterschool care before they closed or I would have been able to inspect it closer. I am literally sick to my stomach. Two paint jobs and the second is worse than the first! Right now, I am trying to figure out what I want to do about this. It will be repainted. They were really nice at the shop, but I can't take this anymore. I am so f*cking pissed off. I'm going to go cry now. Thanks for listening. :mad: :vomit: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:
Have the shop remove all the paint they put on the car. They should then spray it in primer. Then get your money back and take it to a better shop. Make sure you check thier previous work before you decide on a shop. Maybe some other A-L members in your area might know of a better shop.

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked around about this place and saw some of their work. For some reason, they keep sticking a noob on my car or something. I feel like such an idiot for not taking the time to look at it closer because I had to get to the daycare before they closed. They must think I'm just some dumb girl, but I'm not putting up with this shit. I paid for a good paint job and I will have a good paint job. I just think it's bullshit that I have to deal with not having my car while I get it painted over and over.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Thats complete bullshit, you should talk to the shop manager immediately and explain to him how unsatisfied you are with the second paint job. There's no reason why a reputable shop shouldn't do their work right the first time around.

Good luck with everything,

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
That's just crazy. Can't hurt to ask the shop owner if you can borrow his car this time while his shop does your car for the 3rd time. If nothing else, you will know you got his attention when he says "no", and then you can say "make sure his best guy does the painting this time."

Good luck.

·
because i can.
10,426 Posts
Have the shop remove all the paint they put on the car. They should then spray it in primer. Then get your money back and take it to a better shop. Make sure you check thier previous work before you decide on a shop. Maybe some other A-L members in your area might know of a better shop.
+10,000 on this...f*k em....they had more than enough chances...

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
+10,000 on this...f*k em....they had more than enough chances...
That's how I feel right now. :( I am definitely going to go down there and have a conversation tomorrow. That was just the icing on the cake for me today. Apparently, I just need to babysit people while they do their jobs. I bought some yogurt at the grocery store and ate it. Then I looked at it and it was outdated by a month! Aren't the friggin shelf stockers supposed to check that shit? So I was sick all day at work. I'm on my way down to the store with my yogurt and receipt to take out some aggression on someone. They better watch out, I am italian....:mad:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I know a hella good body man, hes my neighbor out here near st. louis. thats a hella drive for a paintjob but it would be worth it. sorry to hear about that it sucks, i watch my neighbor paint cars all the time and he does hella work.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
Wow your day sounded bad as mine. I tryed to replace my muffler and ended up snapping 2 bolts. Now I gott drive to a muffler shop with no muffler. I hope I don't get pulled over. Hope those assholes fix the paint. Thats just wrong for them to do that to your car. Gooodluck.

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know a hella good body man, hes my neighbor out here near st. louis. thats a hella drive for a paintjob but it would be worth it. sorry to hear about that it sucks, i watch my neighbor paint cars all the time and he does hella work.
Shit, I woulda drove to St. Louis to get it done right the FIRST time! I had considered driving 7 hours away to Kansas to have someone I know there, who has done work for me in the past, do it. But, I'm using my vacay time at work for NALM and if we miss over 8 hours in a quarter, then no quarterly profit sharing check. And that's my money for my trip to TN.

I'm just so pissed. I've put so much money into my car, just getting it in good condition. Ton's of work under the hood, and now cosmetic work. I just want the shit done right, not cheap.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
A lot of body shops suck, the cheaper ones even moreso. I sometimes wonder if half these shops are even capable of doing a decent job after seeing the work they turn out. Maybe they'll do a better job the 3rd time around. If not, maybe they'll refund your money and you can try your luck elsewhere. A truly good bodyshop is rare. Honestly, I wish I could do my own paint and body work, I always find flaws in other people's work. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
319 Posts
well if you are ever in town and just so happen to need a paint job let me know ill give you his # and you can call him, he does high end work and ive seen him take a shitty car and turn it out NICE.

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the referral. I will definitely keep that in mind. I figure this shit job isn't going to last anyways, so I will probably end up it repainted again in another year, lol! St. Louis isn't a bad drive and I haven't seen the arch in a long time ; ) I've only lived in Springfield for two years, which sucks when it comes to things like this. It's so much easier when you know what you are dealing with. I lucked out with my bhg job because my friends ex-husband has an import shop.

·
Registered
319 Posts
ahh, ill eventually have my legend repainted because the paint all over is badly oxidized, and i wont have anyone but my neighbor do it. the arch still here damn thing....lol

·
The Infamous Left Lane
2,373 Posts
that aint right how much u pay for set paint job if i were u i play my cards to get a good paint job and my money back :yes:

ps i got a custom paint job myself yes ex girlfriend keyed the shit out my driver side very nicely... got a nice pinstripe :(

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No, it wasn't Maaco! But they probably would've done better than this! I am going down there on my lunch today for some words...

·
I'van der Rohe
13,069 Posts
Go to two dealers, or two High end body shops get quotes (don't SHOW the quotes the crappy shop)

Go back to the crappy shop with a written demand that you want them to pay for your car to painted again and that you have lost confidence in their ability to do the job.

The quotes are just in case you have to sue. File the complaint with your local BBB by mail so you have confirmation of dates and that you actually did.

I have a bunch of links that would send you to where you need to look and read up on the course of action you can take to get this done correctly. Just let me know and i'll try to get you set up.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.