Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know of or have any pictures of a sift knob in jdm gold color. This could be any knob, oem or aftermarket, could have some leather or no leather, i dont care. I just want the metal part to be gold color. The same gold as jdm gold, you know the dull gold (almost gunmetal) color on peoples rims. Oh yeah, it must be a traditional six speed (reverse is right/down). Please help me find a GOOD QUALITY gold colored knob, i wanna try something different on my legend. If ya help me find a decent gold knob i promise to post pics when job is completed.

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Stupid question but powder coat comes in a spray can or must be taken to professional?
professional job for sure. powder coating requires that the item being coated have an electric charge running through it so that the ions carry I believe a negative charge and the coat is a positive (i might have that backwards). in this procedure the powder coat actually bonds to the metal. by the way, that is the stock knob for the S2K CR not the stock S2K

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
professional job for sure. powder coating requires that the item being coated have an electric charge running through it so that the ions carry I believe a negative charge and the coat is a positive (i might have that backwards). in this procedure the powder coat actually bonds to the metal. by the way, that is the stock knob for the S2K CR not the stock S2K
thanks for the great information but not everyone is a Honda/Acura guru, u lost me with s2k stock vs s2k CR. Dunno wat CR is, is that a mugen upgrade package or something?

·
Registered
623 Posts
^That's a great answer for 3:28 in the morning. Staying up all night in the dorm, gotta love it---:rofl:
can't believe i didn't see this earlier. yeah, i know. i still have bouts of insomnia. that's why i'm glad i have late classes. keeps me from skipping them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.