Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just curious man...We all know the G2 Legend is a great car but what do you think of your TL? If I was to buy a TL, it would be a 99-01, I don't like the front end of the 2002-on...

Anyways, had any tranny or other problems? Thanks man.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Matt, I know I'm not goldencoupe, but anyways,my dad has a 00 TL and I love it. Mods include Comtech sways and struts, AEM CAI, exhaust, and Koni's. It handles like a dream and its best quarter time was somewhere around 15.1(I don't really remember exactly what the time was) It has 107,000 miles and the only repairs have been one warped rotor. No tranny problems whatsoever. Although his car is faster, the style and class of the Legend can't be beat. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NSXNEXT said:
Matt, I know I'm not goldencoupe, but anyways,my dad has a 00 TL and I love it. Mods include Comtech sways and struts, AEM CAI, exhaust, and Koni's. It handles like a dream and its best quarter time was somewhere around 15.1(I don't really remember exactly what the time was) It has 107,000 miles and the only repairs have been one warped rotor. No tranny problems whatsoever. Although his car is faster, the style and class of the Legend can't be beat. Just my two cents.
Ya, thats cool. I was hoping others would have some input on this...107,000 miles already? Has he put all that on there or did he buy it at a good price with higher miles? Is the Legend faster than the base TL, both with no mods? Thanks for the reply nsx.

G

·
I love my TL!!!! It is the best car in the world!! It does handle like a dream...ride not as smooth as our legends but it's more sport tuned than luxury!! Yeah I unfortunately have had my tranny replaced once but ever since it has been like a brand new car! The rotors have warped a few times but I got that fixed with the replacement pads from Acura and that took care of the problem! All in all I really do love this car more than my Legend...sorry guys! But, nothing could be as classy as the Legend! Only pluses that aren't in my TL are the noise from the engine! It doesn't roar like my Legend...too much sound deadener!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Matt, he bought it new and did the mods himself. The base TL has 225 hp, and VTEC. Aftermarket availability is pretty good too. He can beat me, but I have a Type 1. Don't know how it would fare against a Type 2. The correct quarter time was 15.3. Yeah, 107,000 is alot, but being in sales he drives around 180 miles a day. Hope this helps. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts