Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today was the day, the day i traded in my car for a new car. i got a good deal on a 2005 Subaru Forester XS 5sp MT. It has 43k on it, and i got it for $17k out the door. So its been real fun guys, ill still be around, critiquing spelling, and posting my photography. Oh and ill still be in the lounge as usual. You guys have been a great community, yall welcomed me with open arms as a newb with this wonder car called a Legend, ill never forget that car, i hope one day to own another as a temp driver.

Thanks to everyone for the admiration of Rose while she was in her true form, thanks for the great meets in Texas, im so fortunate to have met the cool people i had the privlege to meet in person. Mike, Alex, Tyson, Wes, Jason, Brian, Both Justins, Phuong, Jeremy. I think thats all here, ill still be in touch with everyone. Just wanted everyone to know how appreciative i am for what this place has done for me.

without further delay, here are the pictures, some are dark yes, but i tried to account for the sun, and i dont have my editing software on me right now.(at friends house). Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

Look at all that room in there!!

I plan on getting the rims painted the gun metal that the pillar and mirrors are. Ive always liked gun metal rims. then some exhaust, and stereo install, and im set!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Shame to see Rose go but atleast i got to see her in person before ya got rid of her........ as far as sexy she is no Rose but has potential for what it is.

anything with the body of an SUV i think is screaming for a raise and some bars up front.

maybe thats just the texan in me, but hey atleast curbs are less of a wall and more like a speed bump for you now.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shame to see Rose go but atleast i got to see her in person before ya got rid of her........ as far as sexy she is no Rose but has potential for what it is.

anything with the body of an SUV i think is screaming for a raise and some bars up front.

maybe thats just the texan in me, but hey atleast curbs are less of a wall and more like a speed bump for you now.
well, im gonna go rally with this one. Stiffer suspension, throaty exhaust, intake and maybe some other parts, sway bars etc. The forester is basically an Impreza, anything from a 2003+ WRX impreza will fit on the forester. So turbo, exhaust, sway bar, etc all are interchangeable. Boxer engine FTW!!

thinking about a brush guard tho. but first, im painting the rims gun metal to match the mirrors

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Damn Wyatt, you don't miss a beat. Already changed your screen name and all. At least your name allowed the change and we still know its you. I guess if I bought your car (again) I could use 05XSplendid, except I don't have the following of 11,500+ posts :giggle:

The wife and I owned a 2003 Forester as our 1st family car (1 kid). It barely held that stuff, so we outgrew it fast (the twins came next). They made some nice performance changes between 2003 and 2005 though. It was a great reliable "car." You'll enjoy it in Michigan. Good luck.

John

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Hey Wyatt, she's lookin' good bro! I like your wheels (exterior and steering) compared to mine. Are those leather inserts on fabric seats? Oh and Cobb makes a badass 3" turbo-back in case you're thinking of bolting on WRX turbo setup (I am this summer!!!). Here's the turn signal mirror mod:

Installing '06 Mirrors on a '05 Subaru Forester [Archive] - Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community!

Best tip I can offer for now: clear or yellow Lamin-X (I have clear) for the fogs. They're just big old rock chip/pebble targets on the freeway and I cracked two before learning my lesson! Requires bumper removal to replace PITA!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn Wyatt, you don't miss a beat. Already changed your screen name and all. At least your name allowed the change and we still know its you. I guess if I bought your car (again) I could use 05XSplendid, except I don't have the following of 11,500+ posts :giggle:

The wife and I owned a 2003 Forester as our 1st family car (1 kid). It barely held that stuff, so we outgrew it fast (the twins came next). They made some nice performance changes between 2003 and 2005 though. It was a great reliable "car." You'll enjoy it in Michigan. Good luck.

John
Haha, ya i thought it would be kinda bad if i just kept the legend sn. Thanks tho, i am enjoying the shit out of it right now!!

off to take dogs to the park!!!!

Hey Wyatt, she's lookin' good bro! I like your wheels (exterior and steering) compared to mine. Are those leather inserts on fabric seats? Oh and Cobb makes a badass 3" turbo-back in case you're thinking of bolting on WRX turbo setup (I am this summer!!!). Here's the turn signal mirror mod:

Installing '06 Mirrors on a '05 Subaru Forester [Archive] - Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community!

Best tip I can offer for now: clear or yellow Lamin-X (I have clear) for the fogs. They're just big old rock chip/pebble targets on the freeway and I cracked two before learning my lesson! Requires bumper removal to replace PITA!
thanks Sam, turbo would be way far future, no money for that yet. Im gonna take your advice on the fog lights, dont want to have to get new ones!!!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Whatever floats your boat bro.

But damn, 17K, I dont even want to think about what I could cop for 17K. But if your happy with it, congrats.

oh, and since you're correcting peoples spelling, I'm pretty sure goodbye is one word, not duece:)

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
so sad to see Rose go :(

you're gonna have to make your way down to chicago from MI sometime and autox that biotch, hehe. its the only SUV allowed to!

·
Registered
619 Posts
wyatt, i was dreading this day. i've always loved Rose. in my opinion, you embodied what it meant to have a sedan and it was the same moniker dad went by with the Rosewood Sedan. he always emphasized how he wanted to do as many modifications to that car as possible while aesthetically being very close to stock. it's the little things that matter and you were always on top of that. not gonna lie, i'm gonna miss all your pics of rose, but i have a feeling you'll be back. GL with the Forrester bro, now just go get a bowie knife and change your name to Crocodile Dundee.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Congrates for the new ride Wyatt, that SUV looks really nice man, those rims remind me the look similar to 07 Accord V6 17": the differences are the center caps, but not sure what rims size on that Forrester. Props you for the idea of painting gun metal to those rims to match the mirrors. I hope it will serve you well when you're ready to move to Michigan.

Already missed ROSE on one of these days.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
wyatt, i was dreading this day. i've always loved Rose. in my opinion, you embodied what it meant to have a sedan and it was the same moniker dad went by with the Rosewood Sedan. he always emphasized how he wanted to do as many modifications to that car as possible while aesthetically being very close to stock. it's the little things that matter and you were always on top of that. not gonna lie, i'm gonna miss all your pics of rose, but i have a feeling you'll be back. GL with the Forrester bro, now just go get a bowie knife and change your name to Crocodile Dundee.

That's only if he got an Outback!!! :giggle:

·
Spiral descent
5,004 Posts
Althouh I've never thought of Subaru's as much to look at, I will say they are great cars, good AWD, high on reliablity and safety, and usually pretty good mileage. Plus they are easy to work on. They go for way more than they are worth around here because they are so popular for the wintertime.

Plus those Foresters have decent clearance.

Just wondering, did you do any PP work on the steering wheel pic?

Anyway, glad you stopped by here and gave us some nice pics. Always liked your Legend.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Althouh I've never thought of Subaru's as much to look at, I will say they are great cars, good AWD, high on reliablity and safety, and usually pretty good mileage. Plus they are easy to work on. They go for way more than they are worth around here because they are so popular for the wintertime.

Plus those Foresters have decent clearance.

Just wondering, did you do any PP work on the steering wheel pic?

Anyway, glad you stopped by here and gave us some nice pics. Always liked your Legend.
ya, they are nothing to look at stock, but with the right mods it can look like a pretty sweet SUV

there was no post processing on any of those pics, straight from camera.

Wyatt!! Looks like you're all set to head for the mountains now! That should be a fun new ride. Y'all know how much I like off-roading the coupe; maybe a Subaru should be in my future too ;). Nice new ride - keep in touch for sure!
haha, you would enjoy it, i know you would. haha ill be in touch Tyson!

wtf?! why didnt you get a wrx for $17k you could have! nice car but :(
insurance man, i looked at a wrx awhile back and the insurance was much higher for the WRX.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I am officially jealous, I really like that forester! It looks like its a lot of fun and it looks a little more stable then most suvs. also the next time you are at someone else's computer without photoshop you can use this Adobe Photoshop Express - Made You Look. its a much smaller version of ps with the basic features, it's web based and free congrats on the new purchase and be safe!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts