Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen this GS a bunch of times here on the Washington DC Craigslist for between 2500-3000. Now, on their website, its up at 4,000 and i saw it on autotrader for $1995.

It looks pretty clean, even though some of the pics look like they may be concealing stuff. For 2,000 is not bad, even with 265k miles. It is a GS....I called them, and they siad on the title it says that the mileage isn't actual, so it could be less? I know they've had it for a while, so I'm thinking if i show up with like 1600 they'll probably go for it..?

A lot of people are scared of the mileage but it doesnt bother me cause i have a parts car :).. i'm thinking about taking a look at it and possibly picking it up for myself. I've been looking for a legend for A WHILE now....besides my parts car lol.

Anyways, take a look at the ad on their website:
Northern VA Motors:: ACURA, LEGEND

and Autotrader:
Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

Should i pick it up? It seems like a decent deal even if it is a stealership....

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
maybe they figured out something was wrong with the car?

a 50% cut in price is pretty... crazy .. for a used car dealership

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe they figured out something was wrong with the car?

a 50% cut in price is pretty... crazy .. for a used car dealership
yeah thats what i was thinking, but i figure on their website, they can say whatever they want because its free.. autotrader costs money though, so they probably want to unload it asap? I asked on the phone how long they've had it and they said probably about 2 months, which sounds about right according to when it showed up on craigslist.

Its also due for inspection next month, and they said they iddnt see why it wouldnt pass. and they said they changed the power steering pump too.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
for that price.
even if something was wrong withn it....

its a good price.. think of it as a project car. dont expect the world though you know what i mean?

at least its clean and rust free. thats one big headache gone

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
I dunno man.......when a price seems to bounce around more than Rosie O'Donell's Cholesterol count...I'd be very wary about a purchase :sadwavey:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah.

I'm having my brother run a carfax right now and hopefully we can go pick it up tomorrow or wednesday so i can have her on the road :)

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
lol buy it for the shell and everything inside. if the engine is crap.. for 2000 plus a new engine aint THAAAAT bad.. :p

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
haha 2000+ an engine would suck.

I already have an engine (248k) from my parts car, so if it came to that, I'd have a free engine that i could rebuild and put into it...though it wouldn't be type II...:(

I'm thinking its worth the risk...they said the leather was almost flawless and the interior and exterior pics look good. If anything i could part it out and get most of my money back. Especially since its a GS with the GS wheels+tires and stuff. Those alone should fetch like 500 bucks!

I really need to get some money together...haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts