Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
843 Posts
Nice looking car, and it could be an exceptional deal; especially if rust is minimal - and I mean minimal, visible and otherwise. If there's rust on the panel below the trunk lid, don't worry about it as it's a common problem, not to mention that the panel is just bolted on and is easily replaced. If the rust is in the fender seams and elsewhere, then that's another story as it will only get worse and is extremely difficult and costly to permanently repair. Other plusses are that the mileage is great, and having a 5-sp is a lot of fun (not to mention that you avoid the A/T woes that are increasingly common as the G1s age).

Ditto on Gabe's advice, especially concerning the timing belt and water pump. They're supposed to be changed at 90,000 miles, but it's not terribly uncommon for people to neglect it. If so, then 140k is really pushing it. What's worse is that if the belt breaks, then say goodbye to your engine. I'd insist on proof that the work was done, or else I'd negotiate the cost of doing the work into the price, unless you don't mind paying $500.00+ on top of the $1400.00 to get the work done. If he won't budge off the price, it might be a deal breaker given the trim level and age of the car. If the rust is really minimal, then it may be worth the extra cash; it's pretty much a judgment call.

The A/C repair can range from relatively minor to quite expensive, so if having an A/C is important to you, then you'll want to try to narrow down the problem and negotiate the price accordingly. The cruise control might be as simple as the plastic tab on the clutch pedal arm that engages the switch plunger being broken out.

Good luck and I hope it works out....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.