Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am asking this favor for my sister who lives in Virginia, Fairfax
Station. But I live in California, San Jose.

She really likes her 94 Acura Legend. But she needs a good and
trustworthy Acura mechanic. Yesterday she told me her driver-side
front suspension is groaning with noise. She wants to take it to
local tire center to have a look. I would really appreciate if anyone
can recommend a reputable Acura shop with great mechanic around
Virginia, Springfield or Lorten area.

Thanks,
Karl Chen, San Jose, CA

· Registered
519 Posts
im looking for an acura shop as well that doesnt carge outrageous amounts and that is trustworthy

i live in woodbridge which is about 30 minutes south of fairfax station and i have been taking my legend to the shop where my dad takes all his cars down in fredericksburg.

the place is the corporate office for lifecare medical transportation...so they mainly repair ambulances and such, however they do-do some other cars.

we have taken my legend there for an overheating problem before and he let us sit in the shop and watch everything he did....now i cant say that he will let you do that because he knows us well.

but they are very trustworthy and i do trust them with my legend whether im there or not, since they do repair ambulances

· has left.
4,520 Posts
i have a couple of local garages in springfield that are the only ones i've ever trusted with my legends

Randy at Telegraph Rd Amoco (near intersection of 495 and telegraph so farther form me than the following two but Randy's been working on my cars and my parents for more than a decade now)

Greg at Franconia AmeriGo (formerly an Amoco - Randy used to work there, the guy who replaced him knows his stuff too)

Backlick Rd Amoco? (I think it's an Amoco, sits right next to Jiffy Lube on the right side of Backlick road if you're travelling from the Fairfax County Parkway toward Old Keene Mill)

From time to time, if necessary (particularly tough problems) I'll take it to Karen Radley Acura

· Registered
237 Posts
karlcchen said:
I am asking this favor for my sister who lives in Virginia, Fairfax
Station. But I live in California, San Jose.

She really likes her 94 Acura Legend. But she needs a good and
trustworthy Acura mechanic. Yesterday she told me her driver-side
front suspension is groaning with noise. She wants to take it to
local tire center to have a look. I would really appreciate if anyone
can recommend a reputable Acura shop with great mechanic around
Virginia, Springfield or Lorten area.

Thanks,
Karl Chen, San Jose, CA
There is a shop at Build America (in Woodbridge) called Alex or Alex's Auto repair. The guy is good. I knew him when I used to be at Fort Belvior. You can probably find his number in the yellow pages. Hope it works out.

· Victory is fleeting...
5,575 Posts
If you can stomach going to a dealership, go to Radley Acura in Woodbridge..Ask for Tom in Acura Service. He takes care of my Legend, and the old man knows his sh...stuff.

· Registered Abuser
551 Posts
id avoid the dealership jsut caues their prices, especially with a car like the legend. im in rockville MD area if shes willing to make the trip, i got a guy who does good work for good prices just as long as you get all the parts. this guy helped me out a lot when i was doing my clutch as it was both of our first times in a legend transmission (thing is weird by the way). if my synchros werent shot my car would be in tip top shape. suspension stuff shouldnt be too bad

· FIXER
1,720 Posts
When it comes to Legend overheating problems.................
If you take your Legend to a shop that is inexpensive but has very little Legend experiance, you will spend more in the long run due to mis-diagnosis. Sometimes you are better off taking it to the dealer for troubleshooting. Usually wont be more than $50. Then take it to a Local import shop to have the repairs made. If you go to a local shop ask them straight up.....Does the mechanic that will be working on my vehicle have previous Legend experiance? If not, find one that does. It may cost you more but it will be worth it. Simply put, Legends are not cheap to maintain.

· Registered
6 Posts
Moore Automotive in Fairfax

I live in Fairfax. I've been taking my hondas and acuras to Moore Automotive in Fairfax for over 15 years. These guy's are good. They mostly work on Hondas and Acuras. Their phone number is 703-352-3535.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.