Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking to paeco and they will make forged pistons for the c27a. All they require is a stock psiton

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
no way!!! how much are they gonna do it?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some where around 720. but this is higher than for a N/A car as i want to lower the compression and get reinforced toped pistons

They are 580 but then there is a charge for changing the compression and for reinforced tops

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Damn let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wont get them just yet because im going to get pistons rods and a stage 1 cam regrind at the same time

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
I wonder how much HP your gonna get after everything is installed?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will hopefully be getting the water jackets closed but i havent got a quote for it yet, then putting in all the forged parts getting my crank ballanced and getting an aftermarket ecu. Im aiming for 340 hp

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Wow, I hope you accomplish on doing it. And its with the c27a motor right? I just can't wait until you start up the motor.

·
Registered
364 Posts
That sounds sick man !!!! would they consider doing a c32a? if there was a piston provided ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
brill. well done. is that 580 usd?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Most aftermarket piston makers will do custom pistons and rods. They usually cost a bit more and take a bit longer. How is your c20t progress?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeh i know this but i havent found anybody that makes them at the same price as a standard set and that are quiet cheap for a standard set. It would cost me about 2k here just for the pistons instead of for pistons, rods and cams. I havent been able to do any work on the c20at for a month as i have been on a couple of short holidays and the only day i had a chance it was 43 degrees so it was way to hot in the shed. So far i have the wiring loome learly off the c27 and have the turbo except for 1 bolt removed to get at the wiring under it. Its prity amazing how much of the support wiring that isnt connected the the computer is different. Like all the wiring to the startermotor and that area is completely different and will have to be rewired completely not just swaped over. On the bright side my car fund is looking better and better

·
Registered
646 Posts
A local machine shop quoted me $1200 for forged pistons, bigger set of rods, and a nitrate treatment for the crank, but I'm not even doing internals this year, I don't think.

You also mentioned in another thread you were looking for a GT3076 or 71 turbo. I ended up getting the 76R, and I couldn't find a new one for less than $1149 US. Came with polished housing, though, and my choice out of 3 turbine housing a/r sizes.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I want the 76 I found a new 1 for 600 with a 2 year warranty but it wasnt a garret. so i decided i would wait till i have the c20at up and running before i worried about it. was the 1200 including pins and pin fitting. Also how much less do you think they would do it without the crank as i have to get that done over here as postage would be way to much

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya think? looking at the compressor map and air flowed i thought it was somewhere in the ball park and is rated from just over 300 to 500 hp

1 - 20 of 33 Posts