Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 93 L automatic, the 200 hp 3.2 version. Manual says use NDK but now Delco makes a platinum tipped called a 407 listed for that motor. The NDKs cost $22 and the Delcos are $13. Make any difference? Anything better? --Marcopolish

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Stick with the OEM NGK, or Nippondenso plugs. Also, the plugs for the Platinum NGK's are about $12- $13 a plug, not $22, so you might want to look for a cheaper store to buy your NGK plugs.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
You can either go with the stock NGK platinum or get the Denso Iridium plugs which are good but need to be changed every 30K miles.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Does anyone know if the Denso Iridiums (IK20) are pregapped?

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
311 Posts
Hey, I have Denso Iridiums and I believe it's supposed to last for 60K like the platinums. They came pregapped for most of the hondas and acura's according to the performance shop guy, and cost the same as the NGK's platinums about $13. Don't really feel much difference, but i'll most interested in seeing how durable these Iridiums hold up in the long run.
Only the actual copper plugs are the ones to be replaced every 30K, but it suppose to give better performance than platinum or iridium. That's the only tradeoff.

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
311 Posts
Hey, I have Denso Iridiums and I believe it's supposed to last for 60K like the platinums. They came pregapped for most of the hondas and acura's according to the performance shop guy, and cost the same as the NGK's platinums about $13. Don't really feel much difference, but i'll most interested in seeing how durable these Iridiums hold up in the long run.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
You should aways gap the plugs, or at least check the gap before you install new plugs even if they are so called pre gapped. Any slight hit on the box in the right place during packing or shipping could through the gap off. Not too mention you are betting that the comapany is gapping all the plugs they ship out correcly everytime. It takes all but 5 secons to at least check the gap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts