Acura Legend Forum banner

GOOD SEDAN SPOILER

6K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  dremas 
#1 ·
Has anyone found a good aftermarket sedan spoiler yet? Noone has ever been able to direct me to the type I want.... I keep on seeing this legend in my town that has the one I want but have never had a chance to talk to the guy. The kind I want looks just like the OEM one on this coupe. It ends at each outer part of the trunk lid and doesn't extend around the side like OEM Sedan spoilers.... If I measured the lenght, height, width, etc of that guys spoiler, could I find one just like it? Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
Get your OEM wings Here!

there is a few left for the sedan at Curry Acura in NY for $250 shipped, limited colors, but for that price you get the OEM and trunk springs, and harness and mounting kit

Just paint to your color and your set, thats what I just did

the wing is sweet and looks just like the coupe one and is just longer out to the side fendors, U also get the relay that puts down the antenna when the trunk is popped so the wing does not take out your antenna mast!

all in all very good deal to be had

call Dave at Curry Acura in NY 1-800-725-2877

Tell em James Sent ya from Florida!

#3 ·
Re: Get your OEM wings Here!

James S said:
there is a few left for the sedan at Curry Acura in NY for $250 shipped, limited colors, but for that price you get the OEM and trunk springs, and harness and mounting kit

Just paint to your color and your set, thats what I just did

the wing is sweet and looks just like the coupe one and is just longer out to the side fendors, U also get the relay that puts down the antenna when the trunk is popped so the wing does not take out your antenna mast!

all in all very good deal to be had

call Dave at Curry Acura in NY 1-800-725-2877

Tell em James Sent ya from Florida!
Thats just the kind I said I didn't want but I guess this will help others. I still need to find one like I described. Thanks.

#4 ·
Hey Matt, i'm in the same perdicament as you. I wanna get a spoiler similar to the coupes and I did see one out here in NY out in queens one time and it looked tight. I just don't like the way the sedan spoiler sticks out on the ends and that peg in the middle gets me sick. If you come across anything, let me know because I need a coupe like spoiler.

#5 ·
I see your point, but than you may just want to order the
one for the coupe with the led inside the wing?

I have seen Accords with a similiar wing with out the center post.

That center post is ther to hide the LED wing mounted power cord that runs through it down to the trunk.

Its oem and the Acura designers ment it to be that way on the wider Sedans.

Sorry I did not note your concern

I do hear that all the aftermarket wings are not as TRUE and FLAT as the OEM wings, so if you can live with that than good luck with an aftermarket one that will probably cost you more than what im telling you, and just get the heavy duty trunk tensioners.

If your wing is like the coupe, you will also not have to worrie about your antenna getting in the way.

Regards, James

#6 ·
Ya, that price of $250 shipped is an awesome price but I would rather pay for exactly what I want....The coupe-like spoiler on the sedan I keep seeing just looks so awesome..Very sporty...I was behind it the other day and it felt like I was behind a coupe. I just can't stand how far the OEM Sedan spoilers extend and the peg in the middle.

#8 ·
I love the way my OEM sedan spoiler looks. I don't think the coupe style wing would look right for the sedan, reason being the couple has a smaller trunk lid and a narrower tail than the sedan, so a small wing would look ok. But if you put a couple style spoiler that only goes to the edge of the trunk but not wraped around the rear fender, it would look small or dinky on the large trunk lid. that's just what I think.

And you right about the middle peg, it would look much better without it, but I can live with it.

Anyways, whichever spoiler you get, make sure to get the heavy duty trunk springs. You don't want the trunk lid to fall down when you sticking your head in the trunk to get some groceries;)Happened to me before I got the springs :eek:

#9 ·
WhiteLegend said:
I love the way my OEM sedan spoiler looks. I don't think the coupe style wing would look right for the sedan, reason being the couple has a smaller trunk lid and a narrower tail than the sedan, so a small wing would look ok. But if you put a couple style spoiler that only goes to the edge of the trunk but not wraped around the rear fender, it would look small or dinky on the large trunk lid. that's just what I think.

And you right about the middle peg, it would look much better without it, but I can live with it.

Anyways, whichever spoiler you get, make sure to get the heavy duty trunk springs. You don't want the trunk lid to fall down when you sticking your head in the trunk to get some groceries;)Happened to me before I got the springs :eek:
Haha. Glad you mentioned that...I would prolly forget something like that...The coupe-like spoiler on a sedan looks much better than you think it does...Like, once you see it, you may wanna change....

#16 ·
WhiteLegend said:
How about a wing west spoiler like the one KennyG has. I still wraps around the body, but no middle peg. If I ever change spoiler, this would be my choice.

Ya, that is definitely a step up from the OEM Peg spoiler, but still not what I wantt. Lemme see if I can stalk this guys legend and get you guys a pic...You'll see what I mean.

#17 ·
WhiteLegend

That one looks like the Honda Accord one No?

anyways, I found that exact spoiler I think and its
52.5" wide at the widest part in lenght.

I too would like to know what wing he has on his Sedan, cause the OEM one I got is now going up on Ebay! LOL

Email me with the info ASAP! so as I can order
my email is topcat706@aol.com

Regards, James S :D

#18 ·
James S said:
WhiteLegend

That one looks like the Honda Accord one No?

anyways, I found that exact spoiler I think and its
52.5" wide at the widest part in lenght.

I too would like to know what wing he has on his Sedan, cause the OEM one I got is now going up on Ebay! LOL

Email me with the info ASAP! so as I can order
my email is topcat706@aol.com

Regards, James S :D
Ask KennyG, it's his car in the pictures. I too would like to know where he got that wing. I wonder if it would fit the stock mounting holes, cuz I don't want to fill and re-drill

#19 ·
Alright, I stalked that legend...Here are the pics...May have to edit-copy b/c imagestation isn't allowing pic posting on forums...

#23 ·
My spoiler is from Wings West, and it's one of the "Universal" ones - not one of the Legend-specific models. I can't remember the exact model number of it, but it does have the in-spoiler LED brake light and only 2 pedestals.

I just looked on my receipt for the spoiler and there's no model number listed....sorry.

I also had it mounted as far back on the trunklid as it would go, so it would extend off the back of the trunk.

FutureX 2001 I got your email and tried to respond to it, but your PacBell email server rejected my email, got a response saying that your email addy was invalid. I replied to the address that you sent it from. Got me (??)

#25 ·
What the heck, it rejected the mail??? Jeez, i'm switching ISPs soon, pacbell just raised their DSL rates to $49.95 from $39.95 which I was paying for over a year. Switching to a local ISP, same price but far more reliable.

Thanks for trying however, and thank you for the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.